Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Playing him central or in this bollocks 'false 9' shite is a waste of his talent and what he can give us and a waste of a shirt for the team. We effectively played with 9 men until he went off because he could give the team nothing up there all alone. Pardew was a fool to play him there and a fool to keep him on when we went down to 10. He should of started Shola central or at least brought him on after the break.

Thought you had jacked us in?

Properly this time. :tongue3:

Guest Howaythetoon

Playing him central or in this bollocks 'false 9' s**** is a waste of his talent and what he can give us and a waste of a shirt for the team. We effectively played with 9 men until he went off because he could give the team nothing up there all alone. Pardew was a fool to play him there and a fool to keep him on when we went down to 10. He should of started Shola central or at least brought him on after the break.

I have in terms of ganning to games.

Playing him central or in this bollocks 'false 9' s**** is a waste of his talent and what he can give us and a waste of a shirt for the team. We effectively played with 9 men until he went off because he could give the team nothing up there all alone. Pardew was a fool to play him there and a fool to keep him on when we went down to 10. He should of started Shola central or at least brought him on after the break.

altogether now "he is the loyalist, football supporter, the world has ever seen"

altogether now "he is the loyalist, football supporter, the world has ever seen"

http://static2.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/a_scale_large/1400-9/photos/1348921119-contentious-loyalist-parade-passes-st-patricks-catholic-church_1485969.jpg

Always bothered me that; as the superlative would be 'most loyal' but doesn't fit the syllables, but I just take it one day at a time.

Can't help but think of what would've happened if it was him taking on Cissokho as the last defender..

on recent form he'd have tripped over the ball.

I dont't know, he is so good taking on defenders at full speed when there is lots of space, i firmly believe he would've gotten something from that

Didn't see the match today, but:

In my head, the pro of having him up to is better balance for the team (in so far as that someone like Gouff will put in more of a defensive shift/cover for a full back than him as a wing forward) but the con is that HBA will pick the ball up in higher areas of the pitch, possibly with his back to goal - which won't allow him to run at players - which is maybe his best asset. Also, against sides we "should beat" who sit a beat deeper, there'll be less space in behind for throughballs to him etc.

If Pardew is really serious about having HBA further forward as a long-term manoeuvre, I think two up top might be something to consider with Gouff joining our regular midfield three in a bank of four.

Agree somewhat there Beren, I wouldn't mind seeing Ben Arfa playing off of Cisse, (in a Beardsley type role), however who would you drop to accommodate Cisse? I'm really not sure at all.

Cisse has to earn his shirt for me. Remy in a way, could be the best thing for Cisse - because he only had Shola and a kid for competition previously. I'm hoping he responds positively and knuckles down (although sadly, I don't think his recent malaise is because of a lack of application).

He needs to make the most of his substitute cameos and deliver in training to get back in because he hasn't been up to task for too long. He hasn't always got the right service etc, but when he has, he hasn't been good enough - and given his limited attribute set, if he isn't poaching and putting away chances he doesn't deserve pitch time if we've got Remy available to do the business. [/iMO]

I still don't get this. Virtually all of Hatem's best games come at RW. In the middle he's just not the same player, at all. Peter Beardsley he ain't, not on his best day.

You might be right, but I haven't seen him given in a decent crack at it yet to rule it out. I think it may benefit the team's balance and help him get better consistency if it is done in the right way. Unsupported in the middle, I don't think it would work but with Remy I think it might :dontknow:

Agree somewhat there Beren, I wouldn't mind seeing Ben Arfa playing off of Cisse, (in a Beardsley type role), however who would you drop to accommodate Cisse? I'm really not sure at all.

Cisse has to earn his shirt for me. Remy in a way, could be the best thing for Cisse - because he only had Shola and a kid for competition previously. I'm hoping he responds positively and knuckles down (although sadly, I don't think his recent malaise is because of a lack of application).

He needs to make the most of his substitute cameos and deliver in training to get back in because he hasn't been up to task for too long. He hasn't always got the right service etc, but when he has, he hasn't been good enough - and given his limited attribute set, if he isn't poaching and putting away chances he doesn't deserve pitch time if we've got Remy available to do the business. [/iMO]

:thup: Agree, he's been wild and sometimes downright stupid with his finishing lately. Like you say, hope he knuckles down and tries to force his way back in. Can see him moving in Jan however, the whole Wonga debacle is still lingering over him I feel.

Ronaldo; Ben Arfa's best performances have come at RW, of course, however it's worth exploring the idea of having him through the middle to free him of any defensive responsibilities, I believe he's good enough to be effective there it just needs to take a run of games imo. Beardsley he is indeed not, I was just making the comparison in terms of position. :lol:

The problem is debuchy + ben arfa = freedom for opponents on their left flank. The idea to play gouffran instead of ben arfa is very similar to how jonas took care of raylor 2 seasons back. It may be a bit unfair to ben arfa but i dont think we can defend that well last match if gouffrans not there.

I think against lesser teams like norwich or crystal palace ben arfa should play on the right to kill off the opponents, while against strong teams like liverpool or everton ben arfa should play in the centre to contribute that extra quality without exposing our right flank.  A big test for ben arfas talents and pardews management skills, but this should be done, and probably doing already.

Wonder what's wrong with him..Could it be that he's been told he has no chance of going to the WC under DD? (very unlikely though, i know)

But something isn't the same about him.

We've heard in a number of interviews how up and down he is. He sounds a bit bipolar tbh.

I hate seeing Remy as the CF he's extremely uncomfortable there and honestly struggles with his back to goal.

He's fantastic cutting in for the left wing but CF is detriment to him.

As for Ben Arfa at top there are times while it might not be best for him but it could be for the team and i thought yesterday it was one of those days.

Not an every week thing though, in other words none of our options are the long term answer.

Wonder what's wrong with him..Could it be that he's been told he has no chance of going to the WC under DD? (very unlikely though, i know)

But something isn't the same about him.

We've heard in a number of interviews how up and down he is.

Would be great lift attendant