Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

The current formation won't change till we lose, then he may have a chance to force his way back into the team, he probably just needs a great sub performance but we haven't ever been comfortable enough for Pardew to sub him on.

Fair play, think Sissoko and Gouffran on the wings is really working, gives us width and gives us a lot of work, and who would have thought that Shola would ever get to undroppable form.

Surely there will be a chance at Old Trafford, where we may be playing purely on counter anyway and likely be chasing the game. If he comes on as a sub there and contributes he'll get more shots after

The current formation won't change till we lose, then he may have a chance to force his way back into the team, he probably just needs a great sub performance but we haven't ever been comfortable enough for Pardew to sub him on.

Fair play, think Sissoko and Gouffran on the wings is really working, gives us width and gives us a lot of work, and who would have thought that Shola would ever get to undroppable form.

Surely there will be a chance at Old Trafford, where we may be playing purely on counter anyway and likely be chasing the game.

That's the thing, the only way I can see him getting back in is through injuries because everybody us doing so well. Wish it was 13 a side so we could have him and Anita in

Pardew is showing him that the team don't need him, but also that he can be a danger against the team. He hasn't played for a month, he has lost his shape.

Pardew like to play in 4-4-2, with athletic players on the sides, long balls and crosses.

There's no reason Pardew will change, the only way Hatem can come back is poor results, and that's very sad.

It's a dead end unfortunately.

May well have got this completely wrong, and I was only half watching it, but from my seat in the East Stand it looked as if Pardew was changing his mind between bringing on Cisse and Ben Arfa, had Cisse ready to go. Then he changed his mind and pointed to Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa took his training top off to reveal he was only wearing a training t shirt. He went running down the tunnel (that bit definitely happened) and then came back out, by which point Pardew decides to stick Cisse on.

All the carry on means that 4 mins of stoppage time are up, Cisse comes on, and the ref immediately blows for full time.

Anyone else see this? There was definitely some sort of carry on.

May well have got this completely wrong, and I was only half watching it, but from my seat in the East Stand it looked as if Pardew was changing his mind between bringing on Cisse and Ben Arfa, had Cisse ready to go. Then he changed his mind and pointed to Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa took his training top off to reveal he was only wearing a training t shirt. He went running down the tunnel (that bit definitely happened) and then came back out, by which point Pardew decides to stick Cisse on.

All the carry on means that 4 mins of stoppage time are up, Cisse comes on, and the ref immediately blows for full time.

Anyone else see this? There was definitely some sort of carry on.

Reckon you're right, there was certainly a delay. Ben Arfa never made it on, and was cracking up over it. :lol:

/as was Cisse to be fair to him. :indi: