Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

May well have got this completely wrong, and I was only half watching it, but from my seat in the East Stand it looked as if Pardew was changing his mind between bringing on Cisse and Ben Arfa, had Cisse ready to go. Then he changed his mind and pointed to Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa took his training top off to reveal he was only wearing a training t shirt. He went running down the tunnel (that bit definitely happened) and then came back out, by which point Pardew decides to stick Cisse on.

All the carry on means that 4 mins of stoppage time are up, Cisse comes on, and the ref immediately blows for full time.

Anyone else see this? There was definitely some sort of carry on.

I saw Ben Arfa standing waiting to come on and he had his shirt on, I could clearly see his number 10 so I have no idea why he was pulled back for Cisse to come on.

May well have got this completely wrong, and I was only half watching it, but from my seat in the East Stand it looked as if Pardew was changing his mind between bringing on Cisse and Ben Arfa, had Cisse ready to go. Then he changed his mind and pointed to Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa took his training top off to reveal he was only wearing a training t shirt. He went running down the tunnel (that bit definitely happened) and then came back out, by which point Pardew decides to stick Cisse on.

All the carry on means that 4 mins of stoppage time are up, Cisse comes on, and the ref immediately blows for full time.

I saw Ben Arfa standing waiting to come on and he had his shirt on, I could clearly see his number 10 so I have no idea why he was pulled back for Cisse to come on.

He didn't have it at first. Took him ages to get sorted.

It's very much like the 5th season at the moment. The team is functioning well in a 4-4-2 and Pardew can't and arguably shouldn't find a postion for him at the moment because the team is winning games.

Lots of us complained about the fact he wasn't getting any games and shit like Obertan was but it was hard to be too mad while we were winning. Eventually Ben Arfa had a few cracking sub appearances and played his way back in with quality and showing he was willing to work hard and track back.

If that can happen again and we kick on once more after January then fantastic. I do fear though that there may be some vultures lurking in January and if he doesn't get back in before then he may be happy to move on somewhere else. Would be a shame and I hope it is more like the 5th season and we eventually blend him back in to a hard-working, winning team. Which will add that bit of flair and magic that he can bring.

He didn't have it at first. Took him ages to get sorted.

I saw him with it on before somebody next to me said he had his training top on.  I think Pardew was telling Ben Arfa to come on first and then he told Cisse to get ready, then changed his mind again and Ben Arfa had taken his shirt off by then. 

I think it was going to be a double sub but by the time there was a break in play and Cisse got on the stoppage time was up, think they just decided not to bother fannying about any more.

He gave them both the nod, Cisse was coming on 1st, then that changed and Benny was coming on, then it changed again. All down to that tit if a referee who kept pretending he couldn't see either of them waiting to come on. At the final whistle Cisse ran straight off, laughing at it all.

As for Benny he was in some Italian restaurant at 12.10 last Saturday eating pasta followed by sticky toffee pudding before rolling up to be on the bench against Norwich. He needs to get his act together.

I was desperate for him to start instead of shola, sholas done well enough but can't play him midweek after a weekend game. Would of been an opportunity to make a statement too. Knew it wouldn't happen