Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I reckon that Ben Arfa should play on the wing for now. I think an extended run on the wing could help him to build his confidence/match fitness/sharpness up and that should help him to ease into the number 10 role.

Otherwise this:

Tactics should be adjusted accordingly - say we're up against a 4-3-3, I'd play Ben Arfa in the number 10 so that he can try and dictate a passing game and ultimately dominate the midfield.

Though really in most games, he would be more of a threat from the wing. We saw on Saturday against Blackburn how much his influence grew in the game when he was moved out wide.

Mind you, the way I see it is that Ba and Ben Arfa can play together and develop an understanding. Ba anticipates things so well so I reckon in the long term, it'll be Ba-Ben Arfa as the main attacking force (provided Ba is with us beyond this season and next :)).

Urgh. If he wins matches on the pitch who gives a fuck what he does in training?

I don't give a toss if it's unfair on the likes of Lovenkrands who put in 100% on the training pitch, if he's producing the goods in the important 90 minutes - which he has started to recently - then he needs to be starting for us. Hopefully Pardew's bright enough to see that despite his comments in the press.

hello evryone

why do you think pardew and carver criticize in public ben arfa?

i mean obertan, jonas or best, even when they were shit ( and still are for some of dem) were never criticized publicy.

and when i see him playing, i don't see a lazier player than shola or obertan ( jonas is really a good worker).

I can understand what the staff want to do with him, but the lad got 2 goals and an assist in his last 180 minutes of football.

Does he really deserve the bench?

Either way he has to play and it is Pards' job to fit him into the system and motivate him.  Now he is fit, if he can't do that he ain't doing his job.  I don't mind these comments if he plays and plays well. If he doesn't do either then it is a black mark against the manager.  We watch and wait....

hello evryone

i mean obertan, jonas or best, even when they were s*** ( and still are for some of dem) were never criticized publicy.

and when i see him playing, i don't see a lazier player than shola or obertan ( jonas is really a good worker).

I can understand what the staff want to do with him, but the lad got 2 goals and an assist in his last 180 minutes of football.

Some truth there. Shola's always appeared to be incredibly lazy, but maybe his hips are so bad the useless fucker can't run. Who knows?

hello evryone

i mean obertan, jonas or best, even when they were shit ( and still are for some of dem) were never criticized publicy.

That's what baffles me, the inconsistency of it. Pardew seems to have no problem with players being shit on the pitch as long as they run around a bit on the training ground.

hello evryone

i mean obertan, jonas or best, even when they were s*** ( and still are for some of dem) were never criticized publicy.

That's what baffles me, the inconsistency of it. Pardew seems to have no problem with players being s*** on the pitch as long as they run around a bit on the training ground.

he thinks shola is the sort of player who'll respond to praise and an arm round the shoulder, whereas ben arfa will respond to being challenged. it's inconsistent but you can't treat everyone the same, different things work with different people and it's the managers job to find and use the trigger for each of his players.

i think he's got it wrong.

hello evryone

That's what baffles me, the inconsistency of it. Pardew seems to have no problem with players being s*** on the pitch as long as they run around a bit on the training ground.

he thinks shola is the sort of player who'll respond to praise and an arm round the shoulder, whereas ben arfa will respond to being challenged. it's inconsistent but you can't treat everyone the same, different things work with different people and it's the managers job to find and use the trigger for each of his players.

i think he's got it wrong.

He's played a key role in 2 of our last 3 wins over a 4 game period.

I think he's managing him OK, although I would've loved to see him on the RW instead of Obertan from December onwards.

I think Pardew's whole focus here is the team all working for each other, never lying down and fighting to the end.

To be fair this has shown and has worked apart from a mid season blip after a tough run of games. Whether players like Shola, Obertan etc.. put in more of a shift than HBA would is up for debate but it looks like that's Pardew's bug bear.

I can understand caution in changing things and why he would dither about putting Ben Arfa in if the lad doesn't have the same work ethic as the rest of the lads, one bad apple and all that (not saying Ben Arfa is a bad lad, just mean that one lad not pulling the same way as the rest may cause the gameplan to fail, at least that could be Pardew's thinking).

I have also noticed a number of players talking about HBA's talent but mentioning him having to put it in to earn his place, Abeid surprisingly being the latest.

Personally I would put the lad in because having a player like him, who can completely create something from a nothing position is invaluable.

Pardew is probably a little scared for the reasons above, whether or not he is correct or not I am not sure. We are probably exceeding most people's realistic expectations so he is doing something right.

Problem is when you have a player like HBA available it is very easy to get frustrated that he doesn't play and it will cause a bit of tension between the fans and the bloke not picking the player which has been evident to sometimes over the top degrees across the forums at times, a bit of a us (those wanting him playing) vs them (Pardew) mentality.

I think Pardew's whole focus here is the team all working for each other, never lying down and fighting to the end.

To be fair this has shown and has worked apart from a mid season blip after a tough run of games.

60 points from 42 league games says you're right, if understating the case for him a little bit.

with the 4 4 2, jonas obertan as wingers ( even taylor), and the two big lads upfront , newcastle got a team to be 7TH, but they can't reach higher regions.

the "long ballz" syle isn't played by any of the 6 top teams, they all have control of the ball and technical players to play a passing game.

Ben arfa cannot shine in a collectif if there is no collectif .

Of what ivseen this season, the "collectif" of newcastle is based on the fight, not on the passing playing.

Will pardew be ok to change for more a passing game?

for that, he should rid off jonas and obertan and put players like marveaux and .... well

that's why pardew can't change the style of his team, he doesn't have the wingers for that.

btw i think it would be a really good thing that ben arfa start to work hard, take example on jonas, he would be a definitive starter in any kind of team.

i would love if jonas could take example on ben arfa for just football  :)

PS: in france, lot's of people think jonas is really garbage as a football player,

with the 4 4 2, jonas obertan as wingers ( even taylor), and the two big lads upfront , newcastle got a team to be 7TH, but they can't reach higher regions.

the "long ballz" syle isn't played by any of the 6 top teams, they all have control of the ball and technical players to play a passing game.

Of what ivseen this season, the "collectif" of newcastle is based on the fight, not on the passing playing.

for that, he should rid off jonas and obertan and put players like marveaux and .... well

that's why pardew can't change the style of his team, he doesn't have the wingers for that.

btw i think it would be a really good thing that ben arfa start to work hard, take example on jonas, he would be a definitive starter in any kind of team.

PS: in france, lot's of people think jonas is really garbage as a football player,

Marveaux might struggle.

Marveaux might struggle.

not if he gets fit. he'd fit in easier than ben arfa from what i've seen.

Marveaux might struggle.

not if he gets fit. he'd fit in easier than ben arfa from what i've seen.

Ya I meant with his injury ;)

He's a good player when fit.