Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

You could pick s**** players all over the shop who have won medals here and there for top clubs. That doesn't give any indication of how succesful they were during their time. Does the fact he's playing for Newcastle and not one of the elite clubs not give you any sort of indication things might not be all as they seem. Why Wenger isn't trying to snap him up or why Rodgers is yet to make a firm bid? Think it's very harsh just to put the blame firmly at Pardew's door with this one even as much as i love Ben Arfa. He's by far my favourite player at the club but i'm happy to accept he's a bit mental and not the easiest player to manage but at least he's not kicking up any sort of fuss or making soundbytes to leave.

I wish to God he would play more but if Pardew was a supporter, he'd be one of the thousands moaning and groaning, standing up hurling abuse at him when he loses the ball or tries too much. If your one of those fans, you're automatically a bellend in my eyes.

Pardew is a shit manager, I know he is a shit manager.  I also know an unmotivated player when I see one and Ben Arfa is unmotivated.  He's not motivated because it doesn't matter what he does, unless he's winning games every other week he'll be dropped by the shit manager who prefers cloggers to footballers.  He prefers cloggers because that's all he understands and it's all he's comfortable with.

So thats barfa on his way, Debuchy will soon be homesick, Kinnear has already said he was going to sell Krul, Saylor will leave, Colo commutes from Argentina now so he's gone, Remy's off to Arsenal, Shola's on the dole after the world cup, De Jong's shite, Cisse is away after we forced him into a bad player by making him wear the Wonga top, Sissoko has been Pardewed so he's gone and we have no hope of any permanant signings because Ashley does loans now.........................

Apart from that everything looks ok

Hate to say it but if Pardew's here to stay (which I believe he is) it's probably for the best to move Ben Arfa on. Pardew clearly doesn't trust him or know how to use him effectively and we 'need' the money to buy and pay someone else. Same goes for Marveaux etc.

We've signed these players based on their potential to increase in value, nothing else. Certainly not based on whether the manager can use them.

So thats barfa on his way, Debuchy will soon be homesick, Kinnear has already said he was going to sell Krul, Saylor will leave, Colo commutes from Argentina now so he's gone, Remy's off to Arsenal, Shola's on the dole after the world cup, De Jong's shite, Cisse is away after we forced him into a bad player by making him wear the Wonga top, Sissoko has been Pardewed so he's gone and we have no hope of any permanant signings because Ashley does loans now.........................

Apart from that everything looks ok

Gouffran's canny.... er, the pitch looks nice.....

The trouble is, despite the talent, he still plays like an 18 year old who's only just broken into the first team. Too many times, he doesn't play to the situation that's in front of him, and gives in to the temptation to try and beat an opponent.

Developing that kind of judgement is something that a player has to learn by experience. A coach can only do so much. And as has been pointed out, other managers have found the same problem.

He produces some great moments, but ultimately it's a team game.

While you're right, it's frightening what sort of team he'd assemble given the chance. Could set us back a fair bit

I don't think he's against talented players obviously, he just apparently goes with ones he can feel he can trust to carry out his instructions whatever they may be. Hence his obsession with playing the likes of Jonas, both Taylors, Perch, Harewood, Mullins...

The trouble is, despite the talent, he still plays like an 18 year old who's only just broken into the first team. Too many times, he doesn't play to the situation that's in front of him, and gives in to the temptation to try and beat an opponent.

Developing that kind of judgement is something that a player has to learn by experience. A coach can only do so much. And as has been pointed out, other managers have found the same problem.

He produces some great moments, but ultimately it's a team game.

A manager with half a brain would give him a free role like Messi .................................thats right I said it Messi

Hate to say it but if Pardew's here to stay (which I believe he is) it's probably for the best to move Ben Arfa on. Pardew clearly doesn't trust him or know how to use him effectively and we 'need' the money to buy and pay someone else. Same goes for Marveaux etc.

We've signed these players based on their potential to increase in value, nothing else. Certainly not based on whether the manager can use them.

Will he know how to use whichever French/Dutch players we in to replace him (and not necessarily in the same position)? Unlikely.

He hasn't with Sissoko, Marveaux, Anita, etc. Fair enough he's found a role for Gouffran.

If HBA is on the way out, it's a shame there wasn't a young English winger that was available for peanuts that we could have signed in Jan from a Championship club.

While you're right, it's frightening what sort of team he'd assemble given the chance. Could set us back a fair bit

I don't think he's against talented players obviously, he just apparently goes with ones he can feel he can trust to carry out his instructions whatever they may be. Hence his obsession with playing the likes of Jonas, both Taylors, Perch, Harewood, Mullins...

Tooj will shoot me down for mentioning this again, but if a flair player is performing, he also has no issues playing him. Ben Arfa back end of 11/12 season, Benayoun when he was at West Ham for the season...ok I'm scratching my head after that, but if Ben Arfa was playing as he could, he's first player on the team sheet.

Guest neesy111

He clearly wants players in wide positions who are good defensively and this shows massive flaws in the way he wants his teams to play.

Tooj will shoot me down for mentioning this again, but if a flair player is performing, he also has no issues playing him. Ben Arfa back end of 11/12 season, Benayoun when he was at West Ham for the season...ok I'm scratching my head after that, but if Ben Arfa was playing as he could, he's first player on the team sheet.

Hold on, what did it take for Ben Arfa to get dropped?

Guest neesy111

Keep it tight, get a goal / 2 and hang on for the rest of the game, it's clear to me this is the only way he see's us playing going forward.

There was a run of games after Villa where he wasn't performing well and becoming a bit of a passenger. You can get away with the lack of tracking a full-back for example against Hull, if he's going to then make or score one himself, but that spell, he wasn't.

Guest alijmitchell

I for one feel that for all concerned he needs to go, if our fucking winnet of a manager is sticking about. The only bright side of it I can see is that when the dust settles, Pardew will try and exert control over transfers. Being the total fucking clueless prick that he is, he'll attempt to bring in a load of shit. Carr will go, the clueless cunts who support him will see that he has bought a bunch of inept players and turn on him, finally accepting his incompetence, rather than making excuses for him. It could be a very very stupid move by Parsehole.

Colo seems to change our whole style of play whenever he's on the pitch, he saved our season last year and when he plays the rest of our team just gels

He clearly wants players in wide positions who are good defensively and this shows massive flaws in the way he wants his teams to play.

This is correct.  He wants to set up with 7,8,9 of our 11 on defensive duties first and foremost.  Keep it solid, clear your lines and try and nick a goal.  Play like an underdog in every game.  It's easily reflected in the team selections and the turgid dross we serve up.

There was a run of games after Villa where he wasn't performing well and becoming a bit of a passenger. You can get away with the lack of tracking a full-back for example against Hull, if he's going to then make or score one himself, but that spell, he wasn't.

Two games, one of which was an absolutely shocking team performance (Everton), is a run?  After those games he was played out of position also.  He's a menace on the right of a front 3 so we elected to play him anywhere but there.

The run of games was Hull and one half at Everton when he was one of our better players in a poor half, he and Mbiwa were the players to come off at half time.