Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I'm quietly hopeful I'll get to see HBA achieve success, but I'm gutted it won't be for us - but I've had time to resign myself to that for over two years now. Really hope he lands up at a good club.

Seconded.

And drop Coutinho for him? No chance.

Coutinho has had like 3 good games of late, and yet again completely different position and player. Put Ben Arfa in Sterlings place and he'd do better.

You'd sacrifice a really promising young player like Stirling for Ben Arfa? Not a chance.

Yeah, bimps misread the initial post through incandescent rage. Understandable, really.

:lol: Kinda funny, bimpy highlighting one sentence totally changing the meaning of Brett's post and goes on a rant. No one even cares. :lol:

In my defence i had no idea i did that, if i did or why........:lol:

I was going to reply but then i just couldn't be arsed so i ignored it, then it somehow escalated  :lol:

I wonder what he was worth at the end of the 2012 season when he got a recall into the France squad and was our most exciting player by a mile? £25m? I'll bet Ashley's pleased at how well he's been managed since then.

After sleeping on it, I'm going to present an alternative (otherwise known as the "head-in-the-sand" or completely stupid view) that the club, on the request of Pardew, has leaked this to the press in a last ditch attempt to get Ben Arfa playing to the way Pardew wants. Some "public bashing" might be the way to let Ben Arfa know what is "required" if he's not "listening" behind the scenes.

I realise that the above is more likely than not a load of bullshit but with only 3 months of the season left, there are a couple of angles you can take this news from (fwiw, I'm of the opinion that Ben Arfa is off because Pardew doesn't know what to do with him).

After sleeping on it, I'm going to present an alternative (otherwise known as the "head-in-the-sand" or completely stupid view) that the club, on the request of Pardew, has leaked this to the press in a last ditch attempt to get Ben Arfa playing to the way Pardew wants. Some "public bashing" might be the way to let Ben Arfa know what is "required" if he's not "listening" behind the scenes.

I realise that the above is more likely than not a load of bullshit but with only 3 months of the season left, there are a couple of angles you can take this news from (fwiw, I'm of the opinion that Ben Arfa is off because Pardew doesn't know what to do with him).

Go back to bed.

And drop Coutinho for him? No chance.

Coutinho has had like 3 good games of late, and yet again completely different position and player. Put Ben Arfa in Sterlings place and he'd do better.

You'd sacrifice a really promising young player like Stirling for Ben Arfa? Not a chance.

I would if Ben Arfa produced the type of football I believe he can. Also like someone else pointed out, a top team needs rotation between players.