Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United (26/12/11, 3pm)

Mr. Snrub

Haway man. Best is going to do a better job up against Cahill and Knight than Ben Arfa. It is annoying that HBA isn't getting games, but I find today more understandable from a tactical viewpoint than the last few weeks.

Best has done nothing really since we played Stoke away and that was at the end of October. 

You guys are hilarious. Pardew "bottles it" and "f***ing joke from Pardew". Seriously, not a great deal wrong with that line up like. The same one pretty much that saw us unbeaten in 11 games.

I would also like to see Ben Arfa in place of Best preferably but it's hardly a "f***ing joke" that he hasn't started him.

How fucking long are we supposed to live on those 11 unbeaten? Aim should always be to become better FFS!

Guest neesy111

Haway man. Best is going to do a better job up against Cahill and Knight than Ben Arfa. It is annoying that HBA isn't getting games, but I find today more understandable from a tactical viewpoint than the last few weeks.

Best has done nothing really since we played Stoke away and that was at the end of October. 

Hasn't looked like scoring for 3 months now.

Guest michaelfoster

Neither has Jonas tbh

You guys are hilarious. Pardew "bottles it" and "fucking joke from Pardew". Seriously, not a great deal wrong with that line up like. The same one pretty much that saw us unbeaten in 11 games.

I would also like to see Ben Arfa in place of Best preferably but it's hardly a "fucking joke" that he hasn't started him.

well, agreed basically. but i'd still prefer to see HBA and Vuckic in there. Best i can understand, and i hope his last two games are just rustiness and that he's actually match fit today (and that we don't try to play it long, which would be playing into their hands).

just don't think Obertan deserves a place in the team currently, he needs to be axed for his and our benefit. i said it was his last last last chance vs Brom, and it should've been. so he's bloody lucky to get a start today. if he can't do it against paul motherfucking robinson then there's really no point in him being at nufc. fingers crossed he actually performs today...

Guest neesy111

You guys are hilarious. Pardew "bottles it" and "f***ing joke from Pardew". Seriously, not a great deal wrong with that line up like. The same one pretty much that saw us unbeaten in 11 games.

I would also like to see Ben Arfa in place of Best preferably but it's hardly a "f***ing joke" that he hasn't started him.

Obertan has done nothing to deserve a starting line-up place this season.

I disagree. Nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be, in my opinion. Doesn't change the fact I'd like to see HBA start though.

1 assist all season.  No shots on target.  = SHIT.

Your defending the indefensible.

so he's bloody lucky to get a start today. if he can't do it against paul motherfucking robinson then there's really no point in him being at nufc. fingers crossed he actually performs today...

I don't think luck is going to play any part in it, Pardew will play him until an injury keeps him out the side

Same as Jonas and he'll probably start every game between now and when he turns 40

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Obertan has done nothing to deserve a starting line-up place this season.

I disagree. Nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be, in my opinion. Doesn't change the fact I'd like to see HBA start though.

1 assist all season.  No shots on target.  = s***.

Your defending the indefensible.

He won the free kick that ba buried in vs west brom the other night with some good dribbling. He is starting to improving a little bit.

If something isn't working then it might be a good idea to do something different.  We are looking for our first win since the beginning of November and we're now at the end of December. 

Obertan and Best have done virtually nothing in that time yet once again they are in the starting line up.

What have you seen in Best and Obertan that suggests that they are capable of helping us get a result today?  Whatever it is, I've missed it.

so he's bloody lucky to get a start today. if he can't do it against paul motherfucking robinson then there's really no point in him being at nufc. fingers crossed he actually performs today...

I don't think luck is going to play any part in it, Pardew will play him until an injury keeps him out the side

that's exactly how he's lucky - having a manager who is showing blind faith in him

He's only played 3 times since then.  :lol:

He played well against Everton I though.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

If something isn't working then it might be a good idea to do something different.  We are looking for our first win since the beginning of November and we're now at the end of December. 

Obertan and Best have done virtually nothing in that time yet once again they are in the starting line up.

What have you seen in Best and Obertan that suggests that they are capable of helping us get a result today?  Whatever it is, I've missed it.

Would you prefer sammy ameobi on the right wing? I wouldn't.

Away from home though, two of those were against the best two teams in the country, and the other was down to having Perch & Simpson at centre-half.

Have you read my posts? I've seen quite a bit in Obertan to suggest he is capable of producing a "moment of magic" (or at least scare a defence).

Best, I agree recently has been poor. For that reason I would personally bring in Ben Arfa for him. I don't however, think it is "fucking ridiculous" that Pardew has decided not to. It's not, in my opinion, so cut and dry that Ben Arfa will definitely improve us, although I agree it is getting to the time that HBA is given his proper chance.

We're rock bottom of the form table, with two points from eighteen. Precisely when would you say is a more appropriate time to try something different?

He played well against Everton I though.

disagree about the Everton game, from my memory he was poor in that game. I've backed him a lot, always against other striking options until Ba came in but he needs a performance today more than anyone else. Obertan needs twenty performances before I'll believe he deserves to start

Must be something up behind the scenes with Ben Arfa IMO.

Dropping him after a few games and deciding Best, despite being pretty poor himself lately, is just a better option doesn't make a lot of sense.

As for Obertan, I can see the sense in playing him. He does give us genuine width, which can't really be said of anyone else in the squad. Be nice if he actually did something useful once in a while of course, but I suppose that'd be asking a bit much.

Guest michaelfoster

shh Hindu you are not allowed to say anything negative about Ben Arfa on here :D

He didn't say anything negative about Ben Arfa. Apart from that, good one. :lol:

i mean in general, some posters on here jump on you if you say anything negative about him.