Dalglish and Liverpool should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think the FA should seriously look at bring a disripute charge against Liv and KD. It's pretty clear the intransegence of the club has sparked this whole shameful saga. It would have been much wiser to accept the ruling and move on with a modicum of humility and decorum. The reactonary stance of KD in particular has gone a long way in legitimising by default the the blowback and sick behaviour of those that call themselves Liv supporters. Wearing those shirts at the start of the match was akin to giving a green light to what is now bordering on a nationwide debacle.

Point deduction and a massive fine is the only real course left. Teach that club a lesson and harden the stance on racism to those who refuse to behave like human beings.

Parky

Charge and points deduction is the only logical cause of action imo.

The entire team, manager and coaching staff have been seen to defend the actions of a man who has been charged with racially abusing another player.

That goes against everything that the FA and Premier League have been fighting to eradicate in football in this country.

Point deduction is such a big step and kind of a taboo for things that require a ruling (unlike administration guidelines or when Boro just didn't turn up for a game). I feel it's sadly very unlikely.

Hopefully the fact that the circumstances here are unique and unprecedented and given how heavily manager and players have all gotten involved the League will have the balls to do what's right.

charge them for bringing the game into disrepute or whatever it's called, for wearing the t-shirts and their idiotic press release. not sure i'd go with points deduction atm, but i don't think a puny £10k fine is going to do much to dissuade them.

The club should be entitled to show support for their player, but they have gone way over the top and seemingly turned it into protest against the FA.  The FA does need to take action against this 'protest', but calls for point deductions are extreme. 

The big question here is whether or not the actions of Liverpool FC instigated racist outbursts on twitter.  I suspect that those responsible for the racist tweets would have gone along with it regardless of Liverpool FC's actions.

I think Liverpool and their players are in the wrong, but I'm not sure you can further muddy the waters during an appeal process.

They're not in a position to say what Suarez said or what his intentions were. Yes, they may be perfectly honest in saying that they feel that Suarez is a decent bloke, but in the heat of an argument all sorts of things can come out of someone's mouth that would surprise you.

I think Liverpool and their players are in the wrong, but I'm not sure you can further muddy the waters during an appeal process.

They're not in a position to say what Suarez said or what his intentions were. Yes, they may be perfectly honest in saying that they feel that Suarez is a decent bloke, but in the heat of an argument all sorts of things can come out of someone's mouth that would surprise you.

it's liverpool who are trying to muddy the waters while a potential appeal is still in the offing. think the FA needs to seriously look at their actions - if only to send out a strong message to those who have latched onto liverpool's intransigence as a cover to flaunt their own racist opinions. if they want to appeal they must keep their mouths shut rather than libel Evra in their press release or wear those t-shirts. they've just gone too far.

Another Liverpool thread, seriously?

It's a specific poll thread and I didn't it to ruin the more footballing thread. It's also specifically about the racism issue and the abhorrent and irresponsible reaction by Dalglish and Liverpool. This is a very serious issue now as waves of debate and anger is spreading across the football community. The other thread should really be left more jokey and windup.

Guest Heneage

They seem to be trying to contest whether he is a racist.

He used language that was deemed racist, and charged accordingly. So in reality they're fighting a case that doesn't exist. Even if they get Evra charged (which they aren't trying to do, they are purely contesting his charge) it doesn't negate from the fact Suarez used a term deemed racist.

Considering he played in Holland for five years, I'm surprised this issue never arose while he was there. I'd imagine it's because he never uttered the word. The Dutch FA would probably have looked to ban him and Ajax would just have sacked him.

I appreciate that for some Liverpool fans they will blindly support King Kenny, but if this happened with say Keegan, I'd genuinely struggle to support him. Wearing T-Shirts, saying they'll always support him, it's crazy. What message do his  actions send out to black Liverpool fans the world over?

I can't comment on Dalglish as a manager for us and prior to that because I was too young, but since he has come back, he seems hell bent on just being the biggest arsehole going.

Point deduction and hefty fines definitely.

By supporting Suarez in the manner they're doing, Liverpool are making a mockery of "Kick It Out". They're supporting a player who admitted to racist language so it's as if they're saying, "it's okay to say racist words really." If one of our players did it, I'd probably want them sacked straightaway and I wouldn't care who the player is, you can't excuse racist behaviour.