Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Just saw this retweeted:

Suarez ban been reduced to 1 game and 20 grand finee #Qualityy #YNWA

:lol: There's always one.

In other news Ian Huntley has had his sentence reduced to an hour of detention and two sides of lines

Good news about bucktooth. On a sliding scale of badness having Carroll or Bellamy score against us would be more bearable than having Suarez screw us over. Part of me is intrigued to see what Carroll would do if he scored against us. Surely he wouldn't celebrate. And Craig Bellamy, well I just love that guy.

Looking forward to this, just hope we start the game with a good team and system.

Couldn't think of anything worse than Carroll scoring against us, tbh. Imagine it being a header from an Enrique cross. :lol:

That would be bad. But having Suarez diving about with total impunity and then getting some shitty goal would send me in fits of rage.

Suarez is one of those players that will score against us EVERY time

And this.

Never realised Suarez had only scored 5 goals this season mind. I know he's been misfiring but that is poor.

Get a life man. He's the pistolero :pow:

:facepalm: Liverpool fans are so fucking cringeworthy. It was everyone else's fault poor little Louise had a shockingly poor game against Blackburn

I don't mind Carroll scoring as long as we get something from the game, but if Suarez scored, I would have been royally pissed off.

Liverpool are definitely there for the taking now. If Santon plays, we should be able to nullify the threat they have on the wings (Bellamy and Downing), and I think our central midfield is more than good enough to dominate possession against them. Hopefully Ben Arfa gets a start because he'll love the big space that Liverpool always have between their defence and midfield, and Ba should get at least a couple of chances. Obertan will get raped by Enrique so that isn't an avenue that I could see us attacking from. Jonas had a decent game last year against their RB and I expect him to finally have a good game against Johnson.

We should play as high a line as we did against Bolton because they don't have the pace to get in behind us. Coloccini and Williamson had an easy time playing a high line on Monday because Bolton just couldn't get in behind us. If we play the ball on the ground then we should be able to at least get a draw out of this now that Suarez is out.

I don't mind Carroll scoring as long as we get something from the game, but if Suarez scored, I would have been royally p*ssed off.

Liverpool are definitely there for the taking now. If Santon plays, we should be able to nullify the threat they have on the wings (Bellamy and Downing), and I think our central midfield is more than good enough to dominate possession against them. Hopefully Ben Arfa gets a start because he'll love the big space that Liverpool always have between their defence and midfield, and Ba should get at least a couple of chances. Obertan will get raped by Enrique so that isn't an avenue that I could see us attacking from. Jonas had a decent game last year against their RB and I expect him to finally have a good game against Johnson.

We should play as high a line as we did against Bolton because they don't have the pace to get in behind us. Coloccini and Williamson had an easy time playing a high line on Monday because Bolton just couldn't get in behind us. If we play the ball on the ground then we should be able to at least get a draw out of this now that Suarez is out.

Plenty of pace from Bellamy, Downing and Rodriguez against a high line. Not sure it's the way to go. Huge difference between said 3 players and N'gog/Klasnic

I don't mind Carroll scoring as long as we get something from the game, but if Suarez scored, I would have been royally p*ssed off.

Plenty of pace from Bellamy, Downing and Rodriguez against a high line. Not sure it's the way to go. Huge difference between said 3 players and N'gog/Klasnic

Maxi is not pacy at all, and Downing will be playing on the wing, which Santon can cover. The only one is Bellamy, and even he's been playing as more of a winger than a striker this year.

Maxi is not pacy at all, and Downing will be playing on the wing, which Santon can cover. The only one is Bellamy, and even he's been playing as more of a winger than a striker this year.

Isn't Kuyt the one who plays RW? The do have decent pace imo, especially Bellamy.

Guest bimpy474

Isn't Kuyt the one who plays RW? The do have decent pace imo, especially Bellamy.

Its been Downing playing down their right lately, Bellamy left.

If Liverpool see us as a threat we will lose, if they think were a small team we've got a good chance at getting a point or three.

We really should be feeding their ego and let their arrogance spiral out of control.