Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

dont boo enrique he served us well. It should be understood that he just wants to play in europe and lets be honest it is moore likely to happen with lfc than us even though we're going strong atm.

I can see and understand why he left. Ambition, lfc owner has it and mike ashley we all know does not.

Fuck you Jose, LFC is not even one of the best teams in the north west of England, let alone Europe. You are ONE point ahead of us, so by his logic, we are also one of the best teams in Europe?

Played us for mugs the way he left, wish he had the bollocks to hand in a transfer request in June instead of faffing about all summer long.

me favourite player for 2 seasons (well...more like 1.5 cos he was a cunt back end of last season)

he won't get a good reception

best teams in europe...aye reet. are had on, they're gona join a euro super league in protest at the Ferguson Association aren't they...silly me. cunts

Really not used to going into this one expecting anything other than a hiding but definitely think they're there for the taking!

Still, going to go into this using 0-3 as the baseline and anything better is an improvement. Unless we lose by more than 4, that would be worse.

"But an opportunity to play for Liverpool came along and I couldn't refuse it. We are one of the best teams in Europe. You cannot say no when a team like Liverpool comes for you."

Hey José, go f*** yourself.

I tend to agree. Obviously infected with Scouseitis. Main symptoms: us against the world mentality, thievery, unwashed smell and general bullshit.

I'd love it if we beat them.

What is it that "top" teams like Liverpool do in their training and match preparations that is so different from "small" clubs like Newcastle that is causing Carroll to struggle to adjust?

I keep reading articles implying how superior Liverpool are in everything they do compared to the likes of us but surely there is not that much difference in practice except maybe their budget allows for more resources.

Can I listen to this anywhere? I'm in Australia, and last time couldn't get a BBC link to work.

It's on Talksport, but you won't get that over there I'm afraid. Your only option is paying for an NUFCtv subscription.