Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Imo people are reading into the whole HBA Pardew thing way too much. He's admitted himself hes not 100% fit yet and Pardew said he was going to be used for cameo's for a wee while so why people thought he was going to start is beyond me. Should be thankful its not Best and Shola up front which was mentioned earlier.

Excited about Vuckic, but not sure what he gives us that Ben Arfa doesn't.

I think Haris is more of a striker.

He's not a centre forward though is he? You've always maintained that Ben Arfa behind Ba won't work - but this will?

Happy with the team as long as he's holding Ben Arfa back for impact later in the game and not just to be a cock.

No qualms with seeing Vuckic in there, especially given the role he will be playing.

Real insight into Pardew's mindset, obviously quite immature in the way he is not willing to balance things up. Ok, Ben Arfa maybe hasn't tracked his man as many times as (insert any player Pardew likes to put his dick into) but what he offers in attacking play is something other players just cannot. I think it's pathetic from him, just weak

Hopefully Vuckic will play in his natural position and not being ordered to sit too deep. I've been crying out for seeing Vuckic in his correct position, im sure he'd do well there. But i would still 100% start Ben Arfa as well.

Would have liked to have seen Ben Arfa start but it's also nice to see a young kid like Vuckic get a start too. Am certain Ben Arfa will get on at some stage, hopefully to run at them when they're tiring.  Options on the bench too.

:thup: exactly