Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

If Ba's out that's a set back that can't be helped.

If we start with Best and Shola because of it and leave our second best attacking player on the bench leaving those two to fall over, be offside and lose the ball without trying anything difficult, the urge to drive to Liverpool and smack some sense into Pardew will be overwhelming.

Guest MrSundlofer

Pardew will certainly top himself if he ACTUALLY starts Ameobi and Best over Ben Arfa. It already pisses me off, just the thought.

I am thinking the reason not to start with Ben Arfa is height. Ba, Ameobi and Best all good on attacking and defending set pieces.

Hopefully Ben Arfa starts today.

Pretty ominous regarding Ba when you hear them say that Lowes knows the facts and he's just not telling. Why say he's a doubt if he's not?

He is a fat fker though, knows he will stir up a bit of worry and a bit of NUFC banter

Pretty ominous regarding Ba when you hear them say that Lowes knows the facts and he's just not telling. Why say he's a doubt if he's not?

He is a fat fker though, knows he will stir up a bit of worry and a bit of NUFC banter

I'm amused that you imply his weight affects his decision-making. :lol:

Pardew will certainly top himself if he ACTUALLY starts Ameobi and Best over Ben Arfa. It already pisses me off, just the thought.

I am thinking the reason not to start with Ben Arfa is height. Ba, Ameobi and Best all good on attacking and defending set pieces.

Hopefully Ben Arfa starts today.

No reason at all not to start your biggest attacking threat. Not only that, but if he doesn't play it will be hoof ball from start to finish with the odd spell of Cabaye doing something fancy and Shola doing something not so fancy. And if the thinking process was defending set pieces, only one striker would fall back, never two.