Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Pardew will certainly top himself if he ACTUALLY starts Ameobi and Best over Ben Arfa. It already pisses me off, just the thought.

I am thinking the reason not to start with Ben Arfa is height. Ba, Ameobi and Best all good on attacking and defending set pieces.

Hopefully Ben Arfa starts today.

Reason not to play Ben Arfa number 1,467.

Pardew will certainly top himself if he ACTUALLY starts Ameobi and Best over Ben Arfa. It already pisses me off, just the thought.

I am thinking the reason not to start with Ben Arfa is height. Ba, Ameobi and Best all good on attacking and defending set pieces.

Hopefully Ben Arfa starts today.

Reason not to play Ben Arfa number 1,467.

Get Messi on the bench.

Pardew's team selections are just getting grimmer and grimmer, if he starts Shola (which is likely) we should all put our names down to have him sectioned.

Pardew's selections are always conservative, but with clear motive.  If he decides to start Shola there will be a viable reason.

Pardew's team selections are just getting grimmer and grimmer, if he starts Shola (which is likely) we should all put our names down to have him sectioned.

Pardew's selections are always conservative, but with clear motive.  If he decides to start Shola there will be a viable reason.

Sanity prevailing? Pfffft.

"4-4-2, punt it to the big black lads" I know his game plan, he just needs to be more adventurous

Guest kingdawson

They're probably going to play Gerrard off Carroll right?

Can't see Geerrah starting tbh.

Well then you certainly have a stronger centre midfield pairing and a better striker.  Henderson and Adam? that's pretty damn meh.