Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Would have liked to have seen Ben Arfa start but it's also nice to see a young kid like Vuckic get a start too. Am certain Ben Arfa will get on at some stage, hopefully to run at them when they're tiring.  Options on the bench too.

:nods: I'm ok with the prospect of Ben Arfa coming on later in the game and taking advantage of fatigue to get into space. As long as the tactics are sound for the first 65(80) minutes, it might be a good move.

You could say that about all good attacking players though.

I like Vuckic and I'm glad we've gone for an extra midfielder instead of Best.

It's an interesting line-up. Vuckic won't have the time on the ball I think some are expecting, but it bodes well with respect to a move away from our hoofball of the last few games. Hopefully it won't be as rigid as 4-4-1-1 with Ba and/or Vuckic stranded. Massive game for Mr Cabaye needed.

Real insight into Pardew's mindset, obviously quite immature in the way he is not willing to balance things up. Ok, Ben Arfa maybe hasn't tracked his man as many times as (insert any player Pardew likes to put his dick into) but what he offers in attacking play is something other players just cannot. I think it's pathetic from him, just weak

Yeah it's weak to do the thing that the fans don't want him to, the easy option is play Ben Arfa as that is what everyone is clamouring for. My thoughts are that Pardew is easing him in, and determined not to risk him when he doesn't have to. At the minute he's clocking up experience and time ready for the extended run he'll get when Ba jets off to the cup.

I think it's weak to stubbornly believe you're right even if evidence contradicts it. Hatem said he was almost completely fit. Him at 80% is a better option than Obertan and a better option than Vuckic. I really like Vuckic, think he's a great passer and has a cracking shot but he's not as important a player as Hatem is and can't influence a game like he can.

I think there is a cowardly element to it because Hatem's a risk taker and not a percentages player

If we cannot boss a midfield consisting of Henderson, Adam and Spearing we need chucking in the river Mersey

This! I very very much hope that we go in with the right mentality and belief for this game, They certainly aren't that good.

Even if you want to play Vuckic, there's no justification on this Earth for starting Obertan ahead of him. He is utter dross.

I suspect watching Enrique lever him off the ball like a child will become difficult to watch after the first three or four times.

Even if you want to play Vuckic, there's no justification on this Earth for starting Obertan ahead of him. He is utter dross.

I suspect watching Enrique lever him off the ball like a child will become difficult to watch after the first three or four times.

'like' a child?! :laugh:

Guest Heneage

f***ing hell, what a vindictive c*** our manager is. Absolute f***ing bellend.

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant isn't it.

The post? It's one of the funnier ones, more because of its silliness than anything else.

:lol: this is true like

...Santon-Barfa... on the left ...Jonas-Simmo... on the right would have been my choice. Jonas and Jose would probably spend the night fondling each other which should work in our favour