Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Buh. How i loathe evening kick-offs. I just sit around all day waiting for the game to start. I actually woke up in a start (this morning, 9am-ish), worrying that i'd missed the game. Ridiculous.

:lol:

welcome to my world... its like fkn torture aint it

Can't wait for game now. Live in Birkenhead, so this game (and against Everton) mean somewhat the same as the Sunderland game. A number of Friends and family support Liverpool, and I have been confidently  stating we'll give them a hell of a game today, maybe even nick it. To put it kindly, they don't see it going that way, but im keeping confident.

Guest MrSundlofer

Most excited I've been about a match this season tbh. Definitely think we can get a result.

I'm the opposite.

I'm really looking forward to see us playing tonight... but against Liverpool away? No! We never gets a good result there.

Buh. How i loathe evening kick-offs. I just sit around all day waiting for the game to start. I actually woke up in a start (this morning, 9am-ish), worrying that i'd missed the game. Ridiculous.

Not so bad when I'm at work, but when I'm off like this Christmas, it's fucking torture. All I've thought about since I got up at 11am is the match at 7:45 :lol:

Most excited I've been about a match this season tbh. Definitely think we can get a result.

I'm the opposite.

I'm really looking forward to see us playing tonight... but against Liverpool away? No! We never gets a good result there.

I know what you mean, it sometimes feels like we go there already beaten. Plenty of far shitter sides have come away with something this season so I hope Pardew's drilled into the lads that we are more than capable of getting a result.

Not so bad when I'm at work, but when I'm off like this Christmas, it's fucking torture. All I've thought about since I got up at 11am is the match at 7:45 :lol:

Same :lol:

liverpool seem capable of raising their game in the bigger fixtures, which i think this just about qualifies as. so unfortunately i'm edging towards a loss. i'm usually quite optimistic before kick off but i just can't imagine us winning this one  :idiot2:

Same. Well, probably bit worse as I got up at 9. Waiting... waiting.... waiting....

liverpool seem capable of raising their game in the bigger fixtures, which i think this just about qualifies as. so unfortunately i'm edging towards a loss. i'm usually quite optimistic before kick off but i just can't imagine us winning this one  :idiot2:

Would they really admit that it is a big game against us?

couple of people on rawk seem to think so. televised christmas game, whole country tuning in, talk of those 4-3 matches, 1 point separating us in the league, us with a higher profile than blackburn, wigan, swansea, norwich... not saying this is a huge game like man utd-liverpool or liverpool-chelsea but they won't have trouble getting motivated for this one.

Pardew has a pedigree for getting results away at big teams. Anyone remember West Hams 3-2 win at Arsenal and Sol storming off at HT?

So whoever said he doesn't go toe-to-toe with the big guns is spouting shit.

Remember his West Ham were very unlucky not to beat Lpool in the 2006 FA Cup final.

Pardew has a pedigree for getting results away at big teams. Anyone remember West Hams 3-2 win at Arsenal and Sol storming off at HT?

think Hughton was better at inspiring big performances. which is funny cos i always thought one of Hughton's weaknesses was motivation and it caused us to drop points against so called lesser teams, whereas Pardew seems a bit more professional in that regard.

couple of people on rawk seem to think so. televised christmas game, whole country tuning in, talk of those 4-3 matches, 1 point separating us in the league, us with a higher profile than blackburn, wigan, swansea, norwich... not saying this is a huge game like man utd-liverpool or liverpool-chelsea but they won't have trouble getting motivated for this one.

Fair enough. I gues they won't have problems with motivation. They have to win, normally, after their poor run of home games.