Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Real insight into Pardew's mindset, obviously quite immature in the way he is not willing to balance things up. Ok, Ben Arfa maybe hasn't tracked his man as many times as (insert any player Pardew likes to put his dick into) but what he offers in attacking play is something other players just cannot. I think it's pathetic from him, just weak

Pards is writing the handbook of cowardice before our very eyes.

Real insight into Pardew's mindset, obviously quite immature in the way he is not willing to balance things up. Ok, Ben Arfa maybe hasn't tracked his man as many times as (insert any player Pardew likes to put his dick into) but what he offers in attacking play is something other players just cannot. I think it's pathetic from him, just weak

Yeah it's weak to do the thing that the fans don't want him to, the easy option is play Ben Arfa as that is what everyone is clamouring for. My thoughts are that Pardew is easing him in, and determined not to risk him when he doesn't have to. At the minute he's clocking up experience and time ready for the extended run he'll get when Ba jets off to the cup.

Can we open the match thread maybe 30-60 seconds before kick off so we can post our "come on"s and "HTL"s?

Instead of after the ball has been kicked? :shifty:

:rose:

:thup: Agreed. Would bring a whole new dimension to the forum.

I'm not disappointed by the lineup by any means btw - expected Santon to be on the bench and really relieved Ba is fit. Also looking forward to seeing what Vuckic can do in that attacking position with less responsibility... but on the other hand that freedom is apparently what is stopping Ben Arfa getting in the team. Weird.

Can we open the match thread maybe 30-60 seconds before kick off so we can post our "come on"s and "HTL"s?

Instead of after the ball has been kicked? :shifty:

:rose:

Get out, it's normally open a minute or so before.

is that 4-3-3 for Liverpool?

Flat 4-4-2 I think

As in:

Reina

Johnson    Skrtel    Agger    Enrique

Henderson  Adam  Spearing  Downing

Carroll  Bellamy

?

Would have liked to have seen Ben Arfa start but it's also nice to see a young kid like Vuckic get a start too. Am certain Ben Arfa will get on at some stage, hopefully to run at them when they're tiring.  Options on the bench too.

:nods: I'm ok with the prospect of Ben Arfa coming on later in the game and taking advantage of fatigue to get into space. As long as the tactics are sound for the first 65(80) minutes, it might be a good move.

Yeah it's weak to do the thing that the fans don't want him to, the easy option is play Ben Arfa as that is what everyone is clamouring for. My thoughts are that Pardew is easing him in, and determined not to risk him when he doesn't have to. At the minute he's clocking up experience and time ready for the extended run he'll get when Ba jets off to the cup.

Good post, esp the bit in bold

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

is that 4-3-3 for Liverpool?

Flat 4-4-2 I think

As in:

Reina

Johnson    Skrtel    Agger    Enrique

Henderson  Adam  Spearing  Downing

Carroll  Bellamy

?

Pretty much, think Bellamy floats around a bit.