Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

I asked myself when we had those spells of possession, why can't our wingers make runs like - for example - Nani and Valencia would do for Man Utd. You don't need to be world class to do runs to be free to get the ball - you can be even be Obertan to do that.

After much soul-searching, I've decided that I'm ready for the relegation-o-meter.

Bump it up lads, bump it up.

:(

You are the most negative b****** I've ever encountered on here.

:lol:

I wasn't serious, and even if I was, that comment wouldn't even put me in the top 10. Or 20.

The entire match, you've spouted nothing but negative stuff man :lol:

80% of the board does during games. Makes me sick tbh.

After much soul-searching, I've decided that I'm ready for the relegation-o-meter.

Bump it up lads, bump it up.

:(

You are the most negative b****** I've ever encountered on here.

:lol:

I wasn't serious, and even if I was, that comment wouldn't even put me in the top 10. Or 20.

The entire match, you've spouted nothing but negative stuff man :lol:

Relative to the measured and rational things everyone else posts in the match thread?

Krul  4

Simpson  4 - scared of the ball

Williamson  5 - Shite, another scared of the ball - 3

Coloccini  6 - ok maybe worth this

Raylor  3 - worth half that of Santon????

Obertan  1 - is he better than Afra? NO but 1 [confused] .. i would give him 2

Tiote  6 - really was shite! - 2 at best using your meter

Cabaye  6 - tried hard

Jonas  2 - wtf??? - if this is your meter you need a re-calibration

Vuckic  4 - worse than Jonas so maybe 1 by your scoring?

Ba  6 - best along with cabaye and colo

Santon  6 - no way is he better than R Taylor like. I think Taylor has created and scored more points than him so far this season. Looks no where near a 5m player

Ben Arfa  4 - Is he better than Obertan? YES so play him Pardew

Ronaldo you have a massive ego but your scores are way off the mark.

Aside from this why does Pardew play Sammy ahead of his brother and why the hell we play kids ahead of players like Afra and even the experience of Shola over his brother.

Beats me Pardew.

Horrific defensive play in conceding all 3 goals.  I was actually embarrassed watching our positioning and marking for their first goal, and I was only in a pub surrounded by simpletons. 

Krul 6

Simpson 5

Ryan Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Wilo 7

Obertan 4

Jonas 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 6

Vuckic 5

Ba 6

Ben Arfa 6

Santon 6

Pardew 5

Urgh

I asked myself when we had those spells of possession, why can't our wingers make runs like - for example - Nani and Valencia would do for Man Utd. You don't need to be world class to do runs to be free to get the ball - you can be even be Obertan to do that.

Our off the ball movement is woeful like.  One of the reasons Vuckic/HBA weren't getting space in the middle, we are incapable of moving the ball around and creating space.

I can't bear this forum sometimes :lol: I know you're not WUM'ing but it is beyond my comprehension how anyone can watch that match and say Tiote had a bad game. He was my MOTM.

This. Although he and Cabaye should have been up Gerrards arse not stroking it with a ten foot fucking duster.

Bit of a reality check. Our passing and control of the ball under pressure has improved, but still isn't good enough.

I assume Simpson was following a pre-arranged plan with that dash to the post for the second goal. Trouble is, his timing was wrong and Bellamy and Carroll had plenty of time to react. Simpson lacks initiative. I get really annoyed with him.

In order to do what? Insane from him. Never seen owt like it.

I've seen other players try that. The object is to cover the post behind the wall that the keeper isn't covering. But your timing needs to be right, and if the opposition is on to it, you have to adjust.

I can't believe that Simpson decided to do that completely off his own bat, with no planning in training. He doesn't normally take that kind of responsibility. If it was entirely his own decision, his manager is going to be a teensy-bit angry.

Our off the ball movement is woeful like.  One of the reasons Vuckic/HBA weren't getting space in the middle, we are incapable of moving the ball around and creating space.

Jonas was atrocious.

It was embarassing to see Santon, Cabaye, Haris and Tiote linking up well in the central third and Jonas lazing around, strolling two yards here and there, offering absolutely no impetus to our wide attacking positions.  Urgh.

I can't bear this forum sometimes :lol: I know you're not WUM'ing but it is beyond my comprehension how anyone can watch that match and say Tiote had a bad game. He was my MOTM.

:thup:

Fucked up for the third goal IMO, but other than that I thought he was excellent.

Krul  4

Simpson  4

Williamson  5

Coloccini  6

Raylor  3

Obertan  1

Tiote  7

Cabaye  6

Jonas  2

Vuckic  4

Ba  6

Santon  6

Ben Arfa  4

tiote 7?

us conceding two goals today was down to him.

So Tiote gets the blame for bad refereeing anf Simpson's complete inability on the ball? MoM with Colo for us.

tiote was to blame because simpson was quite clearly man marked right on the edge of our own penalty box, maybe you never played football before, you got the ball near your own box with players bearing down on your team mate, the last thing you do is pass to him.  how about clearing the ball hows that for a brainstorm?  especially when tiote had all the time in the world.

Son, I have played football but not today on Anfield as you suggest. Ridiculous how everyone's giving shit to Tiote after watching that game.

Pray to fuck we get a LB in and Santon can switch.

After today, yes.

Says everything we already knew about Simpson though tbh, for a team in our position he is playing above his level.  Against the better teams he isnt good enough, simple as that. 

Thought Tiote was our best player, only one who seemed willing to show for the ball for the majority. Ben Arfa seemed to hide when he came on, but then again when we had that good passing spell he probably would have been the one to instigate something. Simpson was at fault for the second, unless he got a shout from Krul to drop, the second should have been cleared by either Ben Arfa or Simpson. Shame how it panned out really as there seemed an air of inevitability about it all.