Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

100% the worst performance of the season! We were awful, Gutierrez and Obertan may as well not be playing. Why we tried to play the long ball up to Ba the ENTIRE game was beyond belief. Completely deserved to lose, even if they were rubbish as well...94 minutes of utter pain.

Yep. Jonas deserves just as much stick as Obertan, Raylor and Simpson. His pattern of play is so predictable it's crazy. That said he at least comes across as a threat from time to time, which is more than can be said for Obertan.

I can't bear this forum sometimes :lol: I know you're not WUM'ing but it is beyond my comprehension how anyone can watch that match and say Tiote had a bad game. He was my MOTM.

:thup:

f***ed up for the third goal IMO, but other than that I thought he was excellent.

Tiote was never excellent today. If Simpson or Obertan misplaced the same amount of passes like he did today (well, maybe they did) they'd be killed on here.

exactly. 

tiote may do alot good things in match, like he did today, but he certainly cancelled it out with the fuck ups he made aswell

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I can't bear this forum sometimes :lol: I know you're not WUM'ing but it is beyond my comprehension how anyone can watch that match and say Tiote had a bad game. He was my MOTM.

Me too.

Pray to f*** we get a LB in and Santon can switch.

After today, yes.

Says everything we already knew about Simpson though tbh, for a team in our position he is playing above his level.  Against the better teams he isnt good enough, simple as that. 

And as funny as it is, defending is his 'strength'. Simpson is never going to be good enough for tophalf teams. Total liability on the ball. Hope he doesn't sign the new contract and we get Santon to play on right.

It'll get buried under lots of other shit, but I thought Williamson did a good job - he's taken to first-team football after a long absence very admirably. Shame he's surrounded by Raylor and Simpson, mind.

:thup: Handled Carroll very well.

Please tell me I wasn't the only one that saw Bellamy call Krul a 'dutch c***'? Clear as day.

Yeah I saw him tell Krul to f*** off you Dutch c***.

Bellamy's an irritating little cock end, got the kind of face you would never get tired of punching.

Pretty sure he followed it up with something along the lines of "I'll do you, you fucking prick"

Please tell me I wasn't the only one that saw Bellamy call Krul a 'dutch c***'? Clear as day.

Yeah I saw him tell Krul to f*** off you Dutch c***.

Same. :thup:

Will never get a look from the officials, though. He was bloody, in the end.

they both white, so is that still racism or just nationalism?

Why the fuck did Pardew, play Vuckic, ahead of Ben Arfa, in a game against Liverpool. Nothing against  Vuckic but we needed some one with more experience there today.

Tbf to Pardew, in terms of PL experience they're on quiet the same level.

Guest michaelfoster

Horrific defensive play in conceding all 3 goals.  I was actually embarrassed watching our positioning and marking for their first goal, and I was only in a pub surrounded by simpletons. 

Krul 6

Simpson 5

Ryan Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Wilo 7

Obertan 4

Jonas 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 6

Vuckic 5

Ba 6

Ben Arfa 6

Santon 6

Pardew 5

Urgh

Ben Arfa 6 really? I forgot he was on the pitch

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Horrific defensive play in conceding all 3 goals.  I was actually embarrassed watching our positioning and marking for their first goal, and I was only in a pub surrounded by simpletons. 

Krul 6

Simpson 5

Ryan Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Wilo 7

Obertan 4

Jonas 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 6

Vuckic 5

Ba 6

Ben Arfa 6

Santon 6

Pardew 5

Urgh

Ben Arfa 6 really? I forgot he was on the pitch

We didn't have the ability to get forward.

Why the f*** did Pardew, play Vuckic, ahead of Ben Arfa, in a game against Liverpool. Nothing against  Vuckic but we needed some one with more experience there today.

Maybe, still I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Ben Arfa than Vuckic playing in this game.

Why the f*** did Pardew, play Vuckic, ahead of Ben Arfa, in a game against Liverpool. Nothing against  Vuckic but we needed some one with more experience there today.

Maybe, still I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Ben Arfa than Vuckic playing in this game.

Absolutely, but Pardew has his reasons for not playing HBA from the start. Should have played Best or even Shola then, though. To play a kid against Liverpool at Anfield was a little bit stupid.

Krul - 4. Liability again. Lack of communication. Nowhere to be seen with every cross that entered the box. Punted it to the opposition over and over again. Grow up or get out of the team.

Simpson - 2. Abysmal. He's a nothing player. He's got no ability in the final third, so if he isn't defending well (which he has done, occasionally), he might as well not be on the pitch. The business with the second goal was absolutely amateurish. One of the main reasons why we lost tonight.

Williamson - 6. Thought he did alright really. We look better with him in the side, though Carroll did get the better of him on a couple of occasions.

Coloccini - 8. Can't think of anything he did wrong really. Did everything he had to do and, along with one other player, prevented it from being a whitewash. Feel sorry for him having to carry an entire backline at the moment.

RTaylor - 5. Decent cross for the goal, but was beaten time and again. Same old same old, really.

Obertan - 2. Just fucking useless. He has no ability.

Cabaye - 6. Thought he was alright and tbh, i'd have given the goal to him. Looked like it was on target. Played one lovely pass (which, tbf, Ba made look better than it was), and attempted to keep possession - which i can applaud him for.

Tiote - 7. Unquestionably one of our better players, in spite of a couple of misplaced (forward) passes. He had more to his game than passing it sideways or hoofing it long, which is what resembled the rest of our attacking play. Made a couple of vital interceptions too, and was very unlucky for the second goal.

Jonas - 2. Pathetic performance. Devastating what has happened to him over the last few weeks. Looks like an absolute shadow of the player at Wolves or Stoke.

Vuckic - 5. Never in it. Although his nerves were obvious, the type of football we played was never meant for a No. 10 - so i don't really know why he played.

Ba - 6. Made a bit of a thing out of nothing on various occasions. Never allowed to get into it. Desperately unlucky with what would have been a marvellous goal.

Pardew - 2. Got it all wrong.