Abeid Vuckic Ben Arfa

Ba

edit: That's with our current injuries, of course. Otherwise:

Krul

R.Taylor S.Taylor Colo Santon

Cabaye Tioté Guthrie

HBA                                Marv

Ba

Cabaye and Guthrie would have to chip in with a fair few goals, like.

Guest VaVaVoom

Some of these line-ups are laughable like...Ferguson, Abeid and Vuckic in "Our Best Team" Come on man.

As it stands this imo is our best match day 18...

---Krul---

*Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---*Santon

Jonas---Cabaye---Tiote---Marveaux

---Ben Arfa---

---Ba---

Bench: Harper, Williamson, R.Taylor, Guthrie, Obertan, Best and Shola

* We should be getting a 1st choice LB so we can move Santon over to RB and get shot of Simpson.

I would mainly like a 4-3-3 because we can have both cabaye and guthrie on the field. They will get more freedom to roam around and will get into scoring positions. With Ba HBA and Marveaux up top we'll get the cleverness and dribbling ability to be effective on the counter. When going stale we still get the creativity to get passes in behind and we can push their midfield into deep defences when going forward.

Guest bimpy474

I would mainly like a 4-3-3 because we can have both cabaye and guthrie on the field. They will get more freedom to roam around and will get into scoring positions. With Ba HBA and Marveaux up top we'll get the cleverness and dribbling ability to be effective on the counter. When going stale we still get the creativity to get passes in behind and we can push their midfield into deep defences when going forward.

Oi thats my line up flower :D

Some of these line-ups are laughable like...Ferguson, Abeid and Vuckic in "Our Best Team" Come on man.

As it stands this imo is our best match day 18...

---Krul---

*Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---*Santon

Jonas---Cabaye---Tiote---Marveaux

---Ben Arfa---

---Ba---

Bench: Harper, Williamson, R.Taylor, Guthrie, Obertan, Best and Shola

* We should be getting a 1st choice LB so we can move Santon over to RB and get shot of Simpson.

Simpson at full back ahead of Ferguson is looking more laughable.

krul

simpson    saylor    colo    santon

cabaye  tiote  jonas

ben arfa        marveaux

ba

ferguson could well come in for jonas, as could raylor for simpson and switch sides with santon if needs be. 1 full back and that midfield slot are the weaknesses for me, thats before even considering two of them are probably out for the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Where do we go from here?

The back 5 basically pick themselves unless you want to argue between Simpson and Taylor but is it to be a 4-4-2 as we've seen so far this season or is it to be some sort of 4-3-3 - Ba and HBA off Cisse? I quite like the idea of a trio made up of Cabaye, Tiote and Jonas.

The back 5 basically pick themselves unless you want to argue between Simpson and Taylor but is it to be a 4-4-2 as we've seen so far this season or is it to be some sort of 4-3-3 - Ba and HBA off Cisse? I quite like the idea of a trio made up of Cabaye, Tiote and Jonas.

It also gives us the option to swap to either during a match if we want to.

for me

Krul

Simpson Williamson (Saylor) Colo Santon

Tiote      Cabaye

HBA                                  Jonas

Cisse    Ba

All down to madras's favourite word (fluidity). We have to start Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse imo. This can start as a 442 with Ben Arfa on the right but would be fluid enough to allow Ba, Ben Arfa and Jonas playing off Cisse with Tiote and Cabaye in behind in the 4231 Germany made popular at the world cup and we seemed to play for a while against QPR.

The personnel seems obvious, the important thing is getting them working together and playing to their strengths. I'm genuinely excited to see what this team can do.

It also gives us the option to swap to either during a match if we want to.

:thup:

I think Jonas is a better footballer than he's given credit for, his only problem is a big one for a winger and that's that he can't cross, so don't use him as an orthodox winger, use him like he played against QPR, making runs centrally and playing short passes. His goal against Blackburn showed what he's capable as long as you're not asking him to get to the byline and bang it in.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Simpson  Williamson    Colo    Santon 

Tiote      Guthrie     

Cabaye

Ben Arfa                          Ba 

Cisse

With our fit players.

I think Jonas is a better footballer than he's given credit for, his only problem is a big one for a winger and that's that he can't cross, so don't use him as an orthodox winger, use him like he played against QPR, making runs centrally and playing short passes. His goal against Blackburn showed what he's capable as long as you're not asking him to get to the byline and bang it in.

:thup:

I thought Sunday was his best game in f***ing ages. I was quietly impressed at times with our 4-3-3 play as well - think there's a future with Ba and HBA off Cisse and Cabaye, Tiote and Jonas as a midfield three. Can easily switch to 4-4-2 if needs be too.

We'll have a plan B :smug:

Signing Cisse has really given us more options to consider system-wise. The 4-3-3 can now properly work with Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse as the front 3.

When we have the ball, can see us playing 4-3-3 but if we don't have the ball (or if need be), can change to a 4-4-2 with Ben Arfa dropping back into midfield and onto the right wing, ultimately providing some cover for Simpson (I say this because HBA did well defensively on Sunday like).

Thoughts on this:-

Krul

NEW RB Williamson    Colo    Santon

Cabaye    Tiote    Jonas

HBA

Cisse                  Ba

With the fullbacks bombing on (as Santon looks very capable of).