Newcastle 2 - 1 Blackburn (FA Cup) - 07/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Dave

Just got in myself. All in all, a deserved result for us considering how much better our attacking play was compared to Blackburn's. Kean's tactics were plain awful really (most noticeably, he got their keeper to aim his kicks to their left hand side which ultimately came to nothing).

We started well in the first half, played some good football but lacked that cutting edge really. When Blackburn scored, they did start to get into the game more tbh such as a couple of shots here and there but that was it really.

Obertan was frustrating and s****, he had so many occasions to cross the ball in first time but for some reason, he felt it was more appropriate to beat the man more than once. This ultimately led us to lose possession. CROSS THE BALL MAN!

The game changed when we brought Shola on for Obertan and moved Ben Arfa to the right wing. Hatem was more influential from the wing than in the number 10 role he played in in the first half (though Ben Arfa did have a decent enough first half too imo). His goal was fwap-worthy really - he got the ball on the right and basically waltzed through the Blackburn defence to get into the box, he kept the ball effectively away from three/four Blackburn players and then scored. Great solo effort.

Shola coming on changed us too. Some good touches here and there from the big man (though an absolutely terrible shot when he got the ball from Cabaye). Best, some decent hold up play here and there and improved a bit when Shola came on. A special mention to Abeid who I thought had a good game/debut, some good strength/hold up play in the middle and some decent, simple passing. Promising.

Jonas looked like his old self in the second half too. Nice.

4th Round here we come!

having listened to the abject commentary on radio tyneside, i couldn't help wondering who on earth i was listening to spouting such inconsequential guff. i happened upon the meet the team page on their website, and was impressed to find myself confronted with some of the ugliest, f***ed up and mad heads ever seen outside an obertan family reunion.

Didn't realise you were a fucking beauty pageant winner like.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Nowt wrong with that commentary tbh. Would rather listen to them than radio Newcastle.

Still awful though mate, any radio is shite though, there was countless amount of times that a thought we had scored the way they were going on

Some good performances from Santon, Ben Arfa, Colo (as usual), Shola did well when he came on; Best was a disappointment (needs to stop moaning at others as well) and Obertan was poor (although the crowd were pathetic regarding him).

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00935/Jonas_935178i.jpg

Proper gutted I missed the mask.

Delighted with the win (obviously), always great to come from behind regardless of who it's against, shows the kind of spirit we have these days.

Why are there less crowds for a FA cup game than a normal game?

Have to pay extra on top of your season ticket for cup games so a lot of people don't bother unless it's a glamour tie.

Why are there less crowds for a FA cup game than a normal game?

Have to pay extra on top of your season ticket for cup games so a lot of people don't bother unless it's a glamour tie.

Ah right! bit shitty that is.