FA Cup 4th Round: Brighton (a) - 28/01/12 @ 5.15pm (live on ESPN)

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's a good chance Wrexham will go through too, at home and Poyet has said it'll be mainly, if not wholly, second string.

Odd that he'd say that. Surely just serves to give Wrexham added confidence.

Unless he trolls them and plays a full strength side at the last minute.

Manchester United striker Michael Owen on Twitter: "And people talk about United always getting lucky cup draws!!! Couldn't get much tougher. What a game to look forward to."

He just talks like some fan. :lol:

There's a good chance Wrexham will go through too, at home and Poyet has said it'll be mainly, if not wholly, second string.

Odd that he'd say that. Surely just serves to give Wrexham added confidence.

Unless he trolls them and plays a full strength side at the last minute.

I think the one he played yesterday was the same.

"We learnt a lot from plenty of players, especially the young ones.

"We were in control in the last 20 minutes and it was a beautiful team to see play.

"We have another opportunity next week for the kids to play an important game. There's a chance the whole second team will play."

Happy with the draw, more than happy actually. It's doable.

Winnable match whoever gets through.

Logistically/Socially I'd rather it was Brighton, closer for me to get too and will be a good night out with plenty of Mags no doubt enjoying the seaside. Although you have to think Wrexham is eminently more winnable, but it's a nasty place to go to, everything would be set up for an upset. Would it be easier to go to the nice modern stadium against a team with players we've heard/know more about, and a club we'd take more seriously as a threat.

There are a fair few loony's that follow Wrexham around too, they'd certainly look to cause some trouble in their own manor win, lose or draw.

Wrexham's ground only has 3 sides now, I think.  It's much easier to get to but we'd probably get less tickets that we'd get for Brighton.

trains actually quicker to brighton. almost 5 hours to wrexham

Wrexham or Brighton. Exactly the kind of tie I hate. We often seem to make an arse of ourselves against lower league opposition, and if we don't then there's no particular pleasure in beating them. If it's a "good game" that means they'll have at least given us a fright or even beaten us, and if they beat us we'll never hear the end of it. Cf Hereford. Not that far from Wrexham, as it goes.

Brighton would be a better trip. But Poyet, Kazenga... bit of a banana skin.

Liverpool vs Man U at Klanfield is a bit annoying because, if we're hoping for EL qualification, it's in our interest for as many "top six" clubs to remain in the draw as possible. That said, once I again I entertain the unusual feeling of wanting Man U to win a game.

Logistically/Socially I'd rather it was Brighton, closer for me to get too and will be a good night out with plenty of Mags no doubt enjoying the seaside. Although you have to think Wrexham is eminently more winnable, but it's a nasty place to go to, everything would be set up for an upset. Would it be easier to go to the nice modern stadium against a team with players we've heard/know more about, and a club we'd take more seriously as a threat.

There are a fair few loony's that follow Wrexham around too, they'd certainly look to cause some trouble in their own manor win, lose or draw.

I've been to Wrexham at least 6 or 7 times and never had the slightest bit of trouble, unlike going to South Wales.

Guest VaVaVoom

The last 4 finals have seen Stoke, Portsmouth (x2), Cardiff and Everton in it. We can be that team this year.

Us to win the Fa Cup and Sunderland to take 7th and not get into Europe.

That would be mint but that would also mean us finishing below them!?

I've been to Wrexham at least 6 or 7 times and never had the slightest bit of trouble, unlike going to South Wales.

Have you been recently?

They've had a really bad reputation since dropping in to Non-League. 

I know I should want us to play the better team but it would be nice to be able to not risk some of the bigger names and get through anyway. I know this kind of arrogance dooms clubs but we should be able to get the better of them.