Transfer Flops

Martin Lol

He's not a flop, but Phil Jones has enough to learn about defending to suggest that they could have bought someone much more solid as the defensive cover they clearly needed (Carrick at CH last season etc.). They should buy another CH in this window.

Nasri started well but has looked mediocre recently. Maybe its over-rotation, as the suspicion is with Dzeko. Milner's looked good of late, but he looked meh for a while after joining Citeh. It can't be easy being in and out of the team.

Loaning Adebayor to Spurs could come back to hurt Citeh big time. They're not that far behind.

Unfair on Marveaux like, he's been injured for most of it and looked promising when he did play i have faith if he gets over his injuries that he will be a success for us.

And he was free. Hardly a flop at all. I'm looking forward to his return actually as he looks a canny player.

Unfair on Marveaux like, he's been injured for most of it and looked promising when he did play i have faith if he gets over his injuries that he will be a success for us.

And he was free. Hardly a flop at all. I'm looking forward to his return actually as he looks a canny player.

:thup:

He's not a flop, but Phil Jones has enough to learn about defending to suggest that they could have bought someone much more solid as the defensive cover.

He's an exceptionally good player and will only improve. Yes, they're short but at £16m, I think that will turn out to be superb business

Don't buy that, he might be a good player but we're giving him canny money despite knowing he's injury prone.

At the present time he's a flop.

The daft thing about the Marveaux signing was the contract length. However i suppose there's an argument that we'd never have got him here without it.

True, but as we didn't pay a transfer fee for him you could offset that against the extra year or two :)

Never been a fan of discussing 'flops' as players can often change opinions as we know all too well - Colo and Enrique for example, likewise who'd have thought Arshavin would have become such a shadow of the player he started out as at Arsenal?

Downing has done okay for Liverpool, I think of course higher profile players (and like him and SWP with already tarnished reputations) will alway find it tough. Have been surprised by how some players haven't featured for certain clubs - Bothroyd and Campbell at QPR, N'Zogbia in and out at Villa, Lukaku and Mceachran albeit for the future getting nowhere near the Chelsea team.

Charlie Adam. Considering they chased him for an eternity he hasn't done much and a Racistpool supporting friend of mine wants us to take him for Tiote told him where to go

He's not a flop, but Phil Jones has enough to learn about defending to suggest that they could have bought someone much more solid as the defensive cover.

He's an exceptionally good player and will only improve. Yes, they're short but at £16m, I think that will turn out to be superb business

looks more a midfielder than anything resembling a defender

I like Phil Jones a lot, 16m looks a bit steep a price for a rough player but I'm sure they'll be laughing at ManU in a few years. Same with De Gea. He will be Spain's #1 for years to come, I have little doubt.

The entire "average British midfielders" brigade at Liverpool are a flop to me, although I think most people thought they weren't just good enough for a team aiming to challenge for Top 4. Anybody can remind me the price tag of the Downing/Adam/Henderson threesome?

Jones is going to be quality. In no reality has he even been a flop. Had a few bad games which can safely be put down to a lack of experience, but he's also had some very good games.

Adam hasn't been a flop either, he's just a decent, perhaps good, player who is perceived to be better because he plays for the oh-so-mighty Liverpool.

Jones and Luiz both seem more suited to being midfield destroyers to me, but everyone seems dead set on Jones becoming a CB in the Terry mould, which is an overrated mould. Luiz is just too thick to play there but would be good where he's safe from blunders.

Phil Jones is going to be an absolute fucking Monster. Beast of a player.