Ravel Morrison

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranger MK II.

Big talent, but is it worth the risk?

I've seen him play oncce and can safely say his talent is a million miles from that of Nile Ranger.

This.

Ranger MKII was more in relation to his wannabe gangster attitude.

Do we need to of those?

I have heard nothing but good thing about the footballing abilities.

And he was lively against Palace.

Don`t want anyone to ruin our good team spirit.  :undecided:

This seems like a really s*** idea.

Why? We're talking peanuts for a kid touted as the next big thing. All this attitude bollocks is nonsense, to me at least. There have been so many good players who are also absolute cock ends. If he acts himself, or isn't producing the goods, we move him on for little, if not no, loss. We'd be mad not to take a chance on him.

I just can't see why the biggest club in the country would be willing to let an 18-year-old's contract run out if he was that good, or they thought his attitude was retrievable. They've kept on plenty of players that people on here would turn their noses up at and won title after title, yet this lad isn't worth it? And though I'm sure you'll argue Nile Ranger isn't as talented (no idea personally), we haven't found it too easy so far to offload him. People know he's an arsehole who's been in trouble with the law and done nowt in the top flight, so why bother?

We've already got our own promising young players who play in the same position, senior players who are good professionals and players stuck in the middle of that like Dan Gosling. This is exactly the same situation as that transfer IMO; all about gambling on a cheap option that might make us some money rather than spending the money on the actual needs of the team and squad.

+1

This seems like a really shit idea.

Why? We're talking peanuts for a kid touted as the next big thing. All this attitude bollocks is nonsense, to me at least. There have been so many good players who are also absolute cock ends. If he acts himself, or isn't producing the goods, we move him on for little, if not no, loss. We'd be mad not to take a chance on him.

I just can't see why the biggest club in the country would be willing to let an 18-year-old's contract run out if he was that good, or they thought his attitude was retrievable. They've kept on plenty of players that people on here would turn their noses up at and won title after title, yet this lad isn't worth it? And though I'm sure you'll argue Nile Ranger isn't as talented (no idea personally), we haven't found it too easy so far to offload him. People know he's an arsehole who's been in trouble with the law and done nowt in the top flight, so why bother?

We've already got our own promising young players who play in the same position, senior players who are good professionals and players stuck in the middle of that like Dan Gosling. This is exactly the same situation as that transfer IMO; all about gambling on a cheap option that might make us some money rather than spending the money on the actual needs of the team and squad.

I think it's a similar situation we find ourselves in with Danny Simpson. Other lesser clubs might be willing to offer Simpson more than we will because he'll be one of their higher paid players but within their budget. Similarly we might be able to more than match what Man U will offer, because at the end of the day how much can they pay an untested kid no matter how talented? Plus better prospects of first team football.

For us though it fits right in with our policy, and even if we have to pay him 10k a week so what? Ashley and Llambias will be thinking we got £35m after our barely tested kid broke a team mate's jaw...well worth a punt.

Ranger MK II.

Big talent, but is it worth the risk?

I've seen him play once and can safely say his talent is a million miles from that of Nile Ranger.

This is the key point and why it's worth the gamble. Ranger never convincingly looks like scoring or actually knowing how to position himself off the ball, he has loads of work to do to improve technically however he does have a pretty good physical side to his game, which is unusual for his age.

I've not seen much of this Ravel Morrison other than Youtube, but he's certainly hyped up by the best in the business so he must be the real deal, but sounds a real dick at the same time.

Haven't heard much of another bid, wonder if Man U have just said no categorically now?

Not especially bothered, if it was never to be anyway. When we are desperately wanting in other areas this would be a luxury signing rather than a necessary one.

If we have bidded the same value as a compensation deal for him walking then I can understand why they have said no. What's to gain from that? He may accept a lesser deal with Utd etc.

Imagine we need to make it more appealing to Utd if we are serious, but can't imagine it being much more.

If we have bidded the same value as a compensation deal for him walking then I can understand why they have said no. What's to gain from that? He may accept a lesser deal with Utd etc.

Imagine we need to make it more appealing to Utd if we are serious, but can't imagine it being much more.

Bolding for Sewelly.

i'd be interested to know where he's gonna play like if he's coming here for the first team opportunities. that said if we manage to get in the europa league we're gonna need bodies next season so he could be very useful. obviously none of this matters to Ashley if he thinks he can make a profit on him.

Bolding for Sewelly.

I feel dirty for calling them that now. I blame media influences.