The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Messi is a genius, but how can you compare him with legends of the past when he plays in an era of next to no tackling? Imagine what Pele and Maradona would have done.

Not as much IMO. They'd be marked by better defenders and their fitness tested after half an hour. The standard of football is miles ahead of what it was from their eras, where they were special, in today's football they'd not stack up as well.

Aye.

Then again you never know how Pele or Maradona would have developed with modern training and techniques.

Messi is a genius, but how can you compare him with legends of the past when he plays in an era of next to no tackling? Imagine what Pele and Maradona would have done.

Not as much IMO. They'd be marked by better defenders and their fitness tested after half an hour. The standard of football is miles ahead of what it was from their eras, where they were special, in today's football they'd not stack up as well.

Aye.

Then again you never know how Pele or Maradona would have developed with modern training and techniques.

True, plus the pitches they get to play on these days, and even the football. Ssr is right, too many variables, almost impossible to call, but I still think overall Messi is a far greater player than anything we've ever seen, but I do expect someone better to come long at some point who'll wipe the floor with him. Probably Adam Campbell ;)

Yer I know. Who do you think will get 4th spot?

It's very open. I'd expect the likes of Levante and Osasuna to float back to midtable as the more talented sides like Atlético or Málaga are starting to click. I gather it's between them two, with Athletic Club as an outside shot.

It's very open. I'd expect the likes of Levante and Osasuna to float back to midtable as the more talented sides like Atlético or Málaga are starting to click. I gather it's between them two, with Athletic Club as an outside shot.

You reckon Athletic's core group of players will stay regardless of CL qualification? Would be a shame if they sold any of them, they're onto a winner atm.

You reckon Athletic's core group of players will stay regardless of CL qualification? Would be a shame if they sold any of them, they're onto a winner atm.

No, sadly I don't think they will. Llorente and Javi Martínez are endlessly linked with moves out.

Looking at the fixtures...it's Man U's title all the way now.

Fingers crossed. Genuinely happy for Manure when I heard the results today, the longer they put off the citeh domination of the league the better.