The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

p.s. Have English commentators ever claimed to be impartial in European ties? Do they have a responsibility to be impartial?

They seem to believe that everyone viewing supports the English team. They couldn't be more wrong.

I'm betting more people watching ITV support Chelsea than Benfica like

p.s. Have English commentators ever claimed to be impartial in European ties? Do they have a responsibility to be impartial?

Nope. I'd imagine it is the same in every country when their teams are involved.

Wouldn't bother me if Newcastle were playing.

Of course not, but it bothers the shit out of me if anyone else is playing :lol:

Happy with this: Chelsea go through only to be fatigued and raped by Barcelona over 2 matches. Not like this match will have given them great confidence either.

Now that you've put it that way, guess the result isn't too bad.....

Nope. I'd imagine it is the same in every country when their teams are involved.

Imagine Bellamy scoring against Feyenoord an John Champion just going "Oh... And Bellamy has scored there. This has been a fairly dramatic night of football but Newcastle are through. Hard luck Feyenoord and better luck next year. We now hand you over to the Groundforce team, goodnight."

Aye, Spanish TV commentary is always biased towards the Spanish teams playing in Europe, whoever they are. I think it's just natural and wouldn't expect otherwise.

They seem to believe that everyone viewing supports the English team. They couldn't be more wrong.

I didn't mean Benfica. The broadcasters commonly make out that fans of other clubs get behind the English club in Europe, just because they're English. Er, no.

I didn't mean Benfica. The broadcasters commonly make out that fans of other clubs get behind the English club in Europe, just because they're English. Er, no.

But if they get through they get more money and make it the league more of a closed shop which is always good because then we can fuck these non-big 4 teams right off so it's dead good remember :thup: Come on Yoonited!

Imagine Bellamy scoring against Feyenoord an John Champion just going "Oh... And Bellamy has scored there. This has been a fairly dramatic night of football but Newcastle are through. Hard luck Feyenoord and better luck next year. We now hand you over to the Groundforce team, goodnight."

:lol:

It does bug me too tbf, but it bugs me far more when it's, say, Man U v Blackburn the other day and the pundit is quite clearly favoring United. I think the main issue is when the color commentator is aligned with one side over the other. If memory serves it was Pleat co-commentating the Spurs Swansea game at the weekend, and I could imagine neutrals getting annoyed. Over and above the fact it was Pleat, of course.

Aye fair enough, I still can see why they do it.

I think you'll find Champion shouted Lurling almost as loudly as he did Bellamy. And it was extraordinary. ;)

I know it's tended to be close between them in the past and Chelsea can raise their game... but I actually think Barca will muller them this time round.

First leg at SB right?

Not sure, but frankly it doesn't make a jot of difference.

I think you'll find Champion shouted Lurling almost as loudly as he did Bellamy. And it was extraordinary. ;)

BOMBARDA!!!

I'm off to watch those highlights again

I know it's tended to be close between them in the past and Chelsea can raise their game... but I actually think Barca will muller them this time round.

First leg at SB right?

Ja.

The main time I can remember the comm being bias for us in Europe was against Zagreb. Robot Wars was going spare on whatever hideous channel it was. 'Go on Stevie Watson get up that wing" sticks with me.