The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest neesy111

Considering the way he started I think Aguero's been canny s*** too. Got a good goal record but rarely stamps his influence on a game like Tevez regularly does.

Less said about Dzeko the better.

Aguero hasn't scored outside the North West IIRC.

What?  Scored against Spurs for a start didn't he?

I think that's his only goal outside the North West.  The stat is something like that.

2 at Fulham as well, but not far off.  Didn't think he was that bad away from home.

City have been poor away from home since the 6-2 game at OT.

Has Ivanovic been punished for his punch yesterday?

If he is not I will be very very p*ssed off. Should be three matches.

Yup.  Anyone see Jelavic yesterday as well?  Perch got so much stick for supposedly faking injury...coverage of Jelavic?  Next to none...

Yup.  Anyone see Jelavic yesterday as well?  Perch got so much stick for supposedly faking injury...coverage of Jelavic?  Next to none...

It happened in match no one cares about, involved players no one cares about, and occured against a team no one cares about. (in terms on media and the national/worldwide interest) Why would you expect coverage of this?

http://www.footie.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/fergie-mancini.jpg

Basically.

i wonder what effect that hammering they gave man u , had on both clubs?  imo handed fergie his motivation for the rest of the season.

It happened in match no one cares about, involved players no one cares about, and occured against a team no one cares about. (in terms on media and the national/worldwide interest) Why would you expect coverage of this?

Umm...because its blatant cheating, its got nothing to do with the teams involved ffs

There are programmes in England which should cover all games and do, it should be highlighted more.  It was actually highlighted on MoTD and they glossed over it.

Considering the way he started I think Aguero's been canny s*** too. Got a good goal record but rarely stamps his influence on a game like Tevez regularly does.

I think that's his only goal outside the North West.  The stat is something like that.

2 at Fulham as well, but not far off.  Didn't think he was that bad away from home.

Was that the 6-2 game that they only conceded 1 in? :shifty:

Guest neesy111

:facepalm: @ myself

If he is not I will be very very pissed off. Should be three matches.

Aye, horrible stuff. Very similar to Barton on Gamst-Pedersen last season, and if there is any consistency at the FA (:yao:) then it has to be a three game ban.

Umm...because its blatant cheating, its got nothing to do with the teams involved ffs

I'm not disagreeing with you, all actions should carry the same weight regardless of who they take place against. I am telling you why this incident will receive no coverage when placed against something that occured in a globally televised match with one of the league's most famous teams.

surely the tevez shambles played a big part. and dont forget Man utd.

tbh, I never felt we threw away our 12 point lead- man utd won it off us .

:thup:

If Man Utd had had the slightest wobble after January, we would have won it. They were unbelievable, sadly (well, mainly Cantona).

I'm not disagreeing with you, all actions should carry the same weight regardless of who they take place against. I am telling you why this incident will receive no coverage when placed against something that occured in a globally televised match with one of the league's most famous teams.

I'm not on about it being broadcast in Africa and Asia, I'm on about the fact that it was shown on TV and ignored by so called unbiased pundits.  Newcastle v Blackburn isn't a massive game for the neutrals but we never heard the end of Barton punching Pedersen.

Incredibly lazy journalism to blame Man City's collapse solely on Balotelli, which is the way Neville was hinting. Loads of their players have been bang out of form for months now, and they've carried far too many passengers from the get go anyway. The spine of their side is built on people like Lescott and Barry ffs.

Spot on.

Silva has been off the boil for months now and Nasri has flattered to deceive all season.

Balotelli has actually been one of their better performers over the course of the whole season, dickhead or not.

There's players in that squad with more experience and of supposedly better character than Balotelli (21 years old) who have completely gone into their shells. Silva disappeared months ago, Nasri has underperformed all season long, Dzeko has been utter trash for months on end, Adam Johnson has been rubbish.

I said it when they were fucking up in the Champions League but people like Lescott, Barry, Milner simply aren't up to it. They were all fine when the team was doing well but as soon as Touré went away and Silva stopped performing their skill-levels weren't good enough and they don't have the character that the Man United squad players do.

Once again, I agree with all of it.

Balotelli's goals to minutes is one of the best in the league as well iirc.

surely the tevez shambles played a big part. and dont forget Man utd.

tbh, I never felt we threw away our 12 point lead- man utd won it off us .

:thup:

If Man Utd had had the slightest wobble after January, we would have won it. They were unbelievable, sadly (well, mainly Cantona).

yep

:facepalm: @ myself

You are 'doing a Cajun' :lol:

Incredibly lazy journalism to blame Man City's collapse solely on Balotelli, which is the way Neville was hinting. Loads of their players have been bang out of form for months now, and they've carried far too many passengers from the get go anyway. The spine of their side is built on people like Lescott and Barry ffs.

Spot on.

Silva has been off the boil for months now and Nasri has flattered to deceive all season.

Balotelli has actually been one of their better performers over the course of the whole season, dickhead or not.

There's players in that squad with more experience and of supposedly better character than Balotelli (21 years old) who have completely gone into their shells. Silva disappeared months ago, Nasri has underperformed all season long, Dzeko has been utter trash for months on end, Adam Johnson has been rubbish.

I said it when they were f***ing up in the Champions League but people like Lescott, Barry, Milner simply aren't up to it. They were all fine when the team was doing well but as soon as Touré went away and Silva stopped performing their skill-levels weren't good enough and they don't have the character that the Man United squad players do.

Once again, I agree with all of it.

Balotelli's goals to minutes is one of the best in the league as well iirc.

How many pens?  Still got to score them but I bet they've helped that stat.  For how highly Balotelli is rated and the way some go on you'd expect him to actually dominate so games, boosting his goal tally while 4-0 up against Norwich etc. is all well and good but not the sort of things that win titles.

Obviously at 21 he's got years to improve but you hear pundits (and fans) calling him world class and it just isn't true

As for the stat as well, last season I think Kalou held his record at Chelsea for most the season, can be miselading.

Can anybody remember an Englishman that liked to dive more than Ashley Young btw? What a cheating cunt.

The only one I can think of is Tom Daley and there's not much between them.