The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Steeeeeevie Geeee

Nowhere near as bad as Young for it. Couldn't have saw him go down the way Young did today.

Quinn was still adamant that Young had just "made the most of it" despite the slo-mo replay showing Derry had barely touched his shirt.

All that money yet they're going to end up finishing the season without a trophy (bar some massive miracle). It's a farce really.

Mancini is more than likely going to get binned at the end of the season (probably with just reason too).

If you were Man City who would you buy (from the Premiership only - to avoid the Mes-aldo answers) to guarantee the league next season?

Bale, Valencia and RVP ought to do it :laugh:

Looks like Mancinin is feeding Balotelli to the media, giving him up as a scapegoat to try and deflect away from his own shortcomings as to why the richest club in the world have failed by a massive margiin under his watch.

Can see Balotelli being referred to in the same terms as Asprilla was for us in the media over the next few years.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has revealed that he is ready to sell star striker Mario Balotelli in the summer.

The City striker again found himself in the spotlight for the wrong reasons after his red card at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Balotelli escaped a red card after 10 minutes for a knee-high tackle on Bacary Sagna, but was dismissed in stoppage time after receiving a second booking by referee Martin Atkinson for another lunge on the same player, and could now face a lengthy ban.

But Mancini looks to have had enough of the troubled player and admitted after the game that he would not play for the club again this season.

Asked for how long he could put up with Balotelli's antics, Mancini said: "I am finished. We have six games and he will not play in the next six games."

Pushed further on whether he would try to sell Balotelli at the end of the season, Mancini replied: "Probably - but I don't know. It depends, because Balotelli is a fantastic player.

"I can continue to play with Mario on the pitch. Every time, we risk one sent off, like today.

"But he can score also in the last minute."

Bad tackle

Balotelli has been no stranger to controversy since joining the club in 2010.

And Mancini said of the first-half tackle on Sagna: "From the bench I didn't see the first tackle but it was a bad tackle."

When asked if the authorities should take a look retrospectively, he said: "I hope (so)," and admitted the striker deserved a lengthy ban.

"I defend him always because Mario is a good guy, but if he doesn't change in the future he can lose all his talent.

"If he doesn't understand this, after two years I can't do anything. I hope for him that he can improve, that he can understand that he can't continue like this, for his future, for his talent. I'm very sorry for him for this."

SSN reporting Mancini said Balotelli won't play again this season (duh) and will probably be sold. Probably a Welshman.

Horrible management tbh. Even though Balotelli looked likely to get a red, he was also the City player most likely to score, the only one who showed some sort of passion (even though it was in the wrong ways). Players like Barry, Milner and Nasri should take far more blame for their pathetic showing compared to Balotelli.

SSN reporting Mancini said Balotelli won't play again this season (duh) and will probably be sold. Probably a Welshman.

Horrible management tbh. Even though Balotelli looked likely to get a red, he was also the City player most likely to score, the only one who showed some sort of passion (even though it was in the wrong ways). Players like Barry, Milner and Nasri should take far more blame for their pathetic showing compared to Balotelli.

Thought he was crap today myself. Misplaced passes and petulance. Studs at knee-height for about 3 challenges, he can fuck off for all I care.

It's a little bit tragic watching Balotelli. Obviously has the talent to be a world class player but seems destined to throw it all away because of his attitude. Best thing he can do is get out of City if Mancini stays. I think their relationship is beyond repair.

Thought he was crap today myself. Misplaced passes and petulance. Studs at knee-height for about 3 challenges, he can fuck off for all I care.

Certainly had his fair share of missed passes, and his challenges were horrible. All of City were terrible tbf (Kompany and Lescott didn't embarrass themselves, at least), and I don't think it's fair to lay all the blame on Balotelli when they had players who were a lot worse than him.

It was clear for millions of viewers that he was an accident waiting to happen, think it's very twatish of Mancini to single him out like this when he should have been taken off at half time.

didnt he say the same about Tevez?

Well, tbf Tevez had a lot more games to not play in. Balotelli has one :lol:

Feel a bit sorry for Balotelli. I think he just needs an arm around his shoulder and to feel loved, in a similar way to Hatem. Think Sir Bobby would have got the best out of him.