NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Now off to Benton to talk Canaries with #nufc boss Alan Pardew. Never mind obscure foreign left-backs, there's a (big) game on Sat...

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

So, douglas gets to go to the training ground and see the hoof roof, he best not leak the formation/tactics.

Perch can play at left back, as can Simpson.

shola can play up front then ?

Precisely. The sweet, sweet sound of money in the bank.

or just not getting the deals they wanted. when i go shopping for something i need, i'll not pay more than i think i should.

i'm sure if it was just money in the bank we could've sold tiote, cabaye, krul and cisse, last summer for healthy profits,

Haidara for 3m would be an excellent signing, one of the best young players in France without a shadow of a doubt. Sissoko for 3.5m would be great business too. Bong... meh, he's decent, but wouldn't add anything special imo.

or just not getting the deals they wanted. when i go shopping for something i need, i'll not pay more than i think i should.

i'm sure if it was just money in the bank we could've sold tiote, cabaye, krul and cisse, last summer for healthy profits,

Nah, we wanted to maintain Premier League status. For the money.

As it happens the plan isn't going too well.

Haidara for 3m would be an excellent signing, one of the best young players in France without a shadow of a doubt. Sissoko for 3.5m would be great business too. Bong... meh, he's decent, but wouldn't add anything special imo.

Is he better than Williamson?

If so, he adds something.

He plays in a different position.

He plays in a different position.

So does Williamson...normally 4 foot away from where he's supposed to be. :)

not how i see it, the plan was we could do as we did last season, maybe a little worse, the transfer straegy was exactly as the season before in that we get players on our terms. even with last seasons squad i doubt anyone foresaw what has since happened.

I must have missed this but where have we been linked with 3.5m for Sissoko?

Toulouse director trying to make some money of him whilst they can, although contradicts what they have said earlier. I don't think we'll go for him, but if somebody does it could mean he wants to leave now rather than wait for his contract to expire.

Coincidentally, being linked with two left backs now I hope it means we are on the verge of selling Simpson on, rather than the talks about Santon going back to Italy being true.. :anguish:

not how i see it, the plan was we could do as we did last season, maybe a little worse, the transfer straegy was exactly as the season before in that we get players on our terms. even with last seasons squad i doubt anyone foresaw what has since happened.

Edit: can't be arsed.

Hang on a minute, people like me were raging in the summer and claiming it wasn't acceptable so little was invested in the squad. People like you were saying it wasn't a problem. Now we're struggling and you're saying it couldn't have been foreseen? Do me a favour. :lol:

Pig sick of the attitude that we're no better off than a newly-promoted club and that every single penny wasted could endanger it. And somehow opinions like mine are portrayed as the negative ones.

:thup:

Especially the bold part.

Pig sick of the attitude that we're no better off than a newly-promoted club and that every single penny wasted could endanger it. And somehow opinions like mine are portrayed as the negative ones.

Or that 'we can't compete with sovereign states' which is a favourite of Pardew, oblivious to the teams we are actually up against in the table.

Guest Roger Kint

We're probably in profit from this and the last window. Not even the most negative, Ashley hating person would have thought that on June 1st.

Spent £13m+ and brought in £12m and thats ultra generous as if means we banked £7.5m for Ba :lol:

dave, i wouldn't say you held a negative view, we all know where we lack and it would be nice to get the players in. however there is a prevailing attitude as to how simple that is and a seeming desire among some to return to boumsong/luque days. i've had conversations with fans of many other clubs about how they are crying out for whatever position , spurs cover for adebayor/defoe, mackems for a laft back, liverpool forwards etc etc and it's not just us.

i like the fact that since we came up i don't think any player we've shelled out significantly on has flopped, also until we know what has happened in each transfer it's difficuilt to slag off.

i think it's more difficuilt than just, we need a centre half, go get one.