NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I seem to have struck quite a negative chord with my p*ssed rant. I'll refrain from doing so in future.

Do it in French next time, it'll be lapped up like '72 Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

:lol:

Having just seen graham score for the 4th game in a row to all but put Swansea into the COC final he'd be bloody mad to leave them for us or sunlun.

Why would he want to win that, nobody wants to be known as a COC holder.

Wembley Final most likely against Bradford is an open goal and what every young lad wants to play football for. Win a cup at Wembley and Europa football next season. He'd be bonkers to leave them for us or Sunderland now.

Yeah I know, was just making a shite joke.

Having just seen graham score for the 4th game in a row to all but put Swansea into the COC final he'd be bloody mad to leave them for us or sunlun.

Why would he want to win that, nobody wants to be known as a COC holder.

Wembley Final most likely against Bradford is an open goal and what every young lad wants to play football for. Win a cup at Wembley and Europa football next season. He'd be bonkers to leave them for us or Sunderland now.

He's a newcastle fan, we've all got to be bonkers. :lol:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3652878.ece

Newcastle United have edged ahead in the race to sign Moussa Sissoko, the France midfielder, on a pre-contract agreement this month with his deal at Toulouse expiring this summer.

Also says something about Yanga Mbiwa but i can't see no more because i don't have a Times Subscription.

How exactly do you edge ahead on a pre-contract? He either signs or he doesn't.

Lots of things to consider tbf... money, playing time, preference of league etc etc.

Maybe the terms we are offering... i.e. a starting place in a stronger league than Ligue 1 is enticing him?

All assumptions of course as it could be a load of BS but it isn't really as simple as all that.

How exactly do you edge ahead on a pre-contract? He either signs or he doesn't.

Lots of things to consider tbf... money, playing time, preference of league etc etc.

Maybe the terms we are offering... i.e. a starting place in a stronger league than Ligue 1 is enticing him?

All assumptions of course as it could be a load of BS but it isn't really as simple as all that.

No I can well believe we're pushing the boat out for him given what's been said before.

Again trying our best to sort out the most high profile bargain out there regardless of whether it's a priority position.

I mean from what I can tell he'll be a coup and would offer us something different in midfield (genine box to box play hopefully) but the priorities both positionally and in terms of our short term situation should be far more important.

I really hope we don't ignore the short term problems i.e. CB and Forward on getting a pre-contract agreement for someone in the summer.

No matter how good he is, but its just like something we would do. :(

It's really looking like the case that because Saylor's on the mend, it'll mean that we "don't need additional cover" and as such we're blatantly going to go through another transfer window without signing a new CB. Pisses me off.

I really hope we don't ignore the short term problems i.e. CB and Forward on getting a pre-contract agreement for someone in the summer.

No matter how good he is, but its just like something we would do. :(

It's really looking like the case that because Saylor's on the mend, it'll mean that we "don't need additional cover" and as such we're blatantly going to go through another transfer window without signing a new CB. Pisses me off.

You and every NUFC fan around the world mate, it just baffles me how they keep ignoring the need for a quality CB who will actually stay fit.

Newcastle United have edged ahead in the race to sign Moussa Sissoko, the France midfielder, on a pre-contract agreement this month with his deal at Toulouse expiring this summer.

The 23-year-old has also attracted interest from Marseilles and clubs in Italy including AC Milan and Juventus. Alain Casanova, the Toulouse coach, said yesterday that he was annoyed by the speculation surrounding his player. “Moussa is here and trains well, there is no problem,” he said.

Newcastle are also watching Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, the Montpellier central defender, who is likely to cost more than £5 million after being watched by some of Europe’s biggest clubs. The 23-year-old was born in the Central African Republic but has represented France at junior and senior level and has 18 months left on his contract.

Marseilles are using interest from Queens Park Rangers in Loïc Rémy to drive up the price for Newcastle. The France forward turned down a move to the West London club, and Newcastle are meeting stubborn resistance from the French club. Saint-Étienne have ruled out Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leaving until the summer amid interest from Newcastle.

Full Times article. Nothing new.