NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Pardew views young players as some burden lumbered upon him. No way AC will get games.

We'll see. Think that's bollocks meself like.

It's not. He moaned about having to play them all the time before the new signings came in. Even in his latest press conference he said his secretary hasn't had to put any young players on the squad this time around which is a good thing.

I would be more than happy for Campbell to be getting a run out when we are winning games but at the moment we are not winning games. Just feel like its too soon for him to be coming into a side essentially to rescue it. Its good that he is training with the first team squad and I think he should be loaned to league one/championship. I would prefer the championship but I'm not sure he will get an offer and or sufficient game time.

Probably wrong thread.

Pardew views young players as some burden lumbered upon him. No way AC will get games.

It's not. He moaned about them all the time before the new signings came in.

Nah, he was just disappointed that some of them weren't able to step up, and yes, that some of them looked less than bothered. 

Above that, I think the root of the criticism was the lack of squad depth which had forced his hand in selecting of them at this point in their development in the first place.

To me, he seems to good deal of faith in our youth players, he spends a fair bit of time watching them at the lower levels, and has always shown a willingness to get them experience with the first team squad (even when they aren't yet ready to get games like Campbell). Now that we have some depth, we'll see more of them rightly go out on loan like Inman and Good which is where they need to be; There is nothing that he's done that actually makes me think that he sees the kids themselves as a burden.

It's not. He moaned about them all the time before the new signings came in.

Nah, he was just disappointed that some of them weren't able to step up, and yes, that some of them looked less than bothered. 

Above that, I think the criticism was aimed more at the lack of squad depth which had forced his hand in the selection of them at this point in their development.

To me, he seems to good deal of faith in our youth players, he spends a fair bit of time watching them at the lower levels, and has always shown a willingness to get them experience with the first team squad (even when they aren't yet ready to get games like Campbell). Now that we have some depth, we'll see more of them rightly go out on loan like Inman and Good which is where they need to be; There is nothing that he's done that actually makes me think that he sees the kids themselves as a burden.

:thup:

It's not. He moaned about having to play them all the time before the new signings came in. Even in his latest press conference he said his secretary hasn't had to put any young players on the squad this time around which is a good thing.

"My secretary was very, very pleased to type up the list of players who are travelling.

"She said it was the first time she had not had to put any young reserve players in there, so it cheered her up, if nothing else.

"It is very important because we have had to play good young players before their time and it's been unfair on them too."

Doesn't look too bad if you put in in context?

"My secretary was very, very pleased to type up the list of players who are travelling.

"She said it was the first time she had not had to put any young reserve players in there, so it cheered her up, if nothing else.

"It is very important because we have had to play good young players before their time and it's been unfair on them too."

It's another thing he didn't need to say that will undermine their confidence. He has blamed bad results on the young players when it's more fair to say that players like Ameobi, Jonas and Williamson have done the most to let the side down but get nothing but praise from him.

It's another thing he didn't need to say that will undermine their confidence. He has blamed bad results on the young players when it's more fair to say that players like Ameobi, Jonas and Williamson have done the most to let the side down but get nothing but praise from him.

Utter rubbish

I would be more than happy for Campbell to be getting a run out when we are winning games but at the moment we are not winning games. Just feel like its too soon for him to be coming into a side essentially to rescue it. Its good that he is training with the first team squad and I think he should be loaned to league one/championship. I would prefer the championship but I'm not sure he will get an offer and or sufficient game time.

Probably wrong thread.

I think Pardew has a different view on Campbell in comparison to the rest of the younger players. He clearly values his potential, but he's been very restricitive and cautious about using him. However, looking at his recent comments he's willing to let Ferguson and Sammy go out on loan, whereas Campbell is seen as someone who can push for a place.

His comments on the squad for Villa for example:

“There is a route and Adam Campbell is another one who is actually very unlucky not to travel with this group because he’s been doing really well in training."

I really think he'd be an option late on in games. Seems fearless and talented enough.

It annoys me that Campbell is below Ranger in the pecking order. Nile Ranger who has taken the piss out of the club so many times. Nile Ranger who can't be bothered to get out of bed on time to attend training. The same player Pardew said last season would never play for him again. The same player who has been arrested multiple times since he's been here. The same player who offers us absolutely nothing when he makes a sub appearance and couldn't give a shit about it either.

By all accounts Campbell is a very talented kid and someone who works very hard in training. He may not be fully ready yet but I'd take a player who isn't fully ready yet over Nile Ranger.

I do understand the sentiments about Nile and the fact that he is a prick. But there must be a reason why he is ahead of Adam. Also most times he has come on he has brought something into the game. He does have some kind of impact, unfortunately he is a cunt who is wasting a career which could've been something of a decent PL, top Championship level.

It annoys me that Campbell is below Ranger in the pecking order. Nile Ranger who has taken the p*ss out of the club so many times. Nile Ranger who can't be bothered to get out of bed on time to attend training. The same player Pardew said last season would never play for him again. The same player who has been arrested multiple times since he's been here. The same player who offers us absolutely nothing when he makes a sub appearance and couldn't give a s*** about it either.

By all accounts Campbell is a very talented kid and someone who works very hard in training. He may not be fully ready yet but I'd take a player who isn't fully ready yet over Nile Ranger.

I'd agree with that.  Would much rather see someone like Campbell given a go than that waster Ranger.  Especially given that we would probably accept a bid of £3.50 for Ranger if anyone was stupid enough to offer it.

Guest Brazilianbob

Looking at the players we have brought in, it just doesn't make sense not to go that extra mile and bring in a reasonably prolific goalscorer like Bony or Aubameyang, rather than relying on Cisse suddenly rediscovering his form.  If Cisse carries on missing chances and Gouffran and or Shola can't step up to the plate with goals, then simply avoiding defeat in our remaining games is still not going to be enough to keep us in the EPL .  Given that it is widely documented we made a E10m bid for Aubameyang, I still hold out a folorn hope that one of these two will be signed before the deadline, especially if we don't score tonight against a poor Villa side.

I want Graham even more now tbh (just reading the Sunderland thread).

He is a decent goalscorer and a hard worker. I think he would be a nice fit for our squad. Him being a fan is a big plus too because you know he will fight every game (not in a Bowyer/Dyer way).

I want Graham even more now tbh (just reading the Sunderland thread).

He is a decent goalscorer and a hard worker. I think he would be a nice fit for our squad. Him being a fan is a big plus too because you know he will fight every game (not in a Bowyer/Dyer way).

Same here, we need Shola out of the equation. 1 injury up front and we're back to square one

Graham instead of Shola today.  :coolsmiley:

Can't see why people would be against him minus his cost.

Graham for around £3m, no brainer. For £6m  :undecided:

This is going off the range (that's quite a) I have seen quoted in the press.