NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest icemanblue

I realise that no publicity is bad publicity, but, is he really doing this? Using a daft, made up bid to boost the profile of his website at the expense of the integrity of his club?

Guest Roger Kint

Would be an interesting use of the Woodgate money.

Was just arguing with a mate the other day about the last time the club used a Rooney bid as PR, at least that time it was reasonably believable :lol:

I would consider the fat bstard a waste of time & money.

Unfit, High maintenance & the wrong side of 27, plus theres no way we couldnt afford his wages (Currently on over £150kpw?)

its almost certainly bolox but Fck him even on the slight chance that its not

(Unless he signs, in which case What a coup!!)

by Harry Sherlock

15th May 2013 2:00pm BST

Exclusive

Newcastle United are preparing a shock bid for want-away Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

SportsDirect News has learned the Magpies have already sounded out Rooney’s agent over a potential move, with United keen to offload the 27-year-old.

A source close to the negotiations told us: “Newcastle see Wayne as their ideal player.

“He’s a strong centre-forward, would relate to the fans and would be a massive boost to the club’s brand name.

“Low-level conversations have already been held between Newcastle and Rooney’s agent, though the two clubs haven’t spoken directly yet.”

Rooney is seen as a perfect candidate to boost the Magpies’ chances of a top-four tilt next season – and is seen as a man who will be hero-worshipped at St James’ Park.

The England striker recently signalled a desire to leave Old Trafford for the second time in three years having been left out of several key games, including United’s controversial Champions League defeat to Real Madrid – putting the world’s top clubs on red-alert.

But, with Bayern Munich the latest club to drop out of the race, Newcastle believe they have a very real chance of pulling off a massive transfer coup.

The Magpies have been interested in Rooney before, and tabled a £25 million bid for him when he was at Everton – though the then 18-year-old snubbed a move to the Toon in favour of United.

What a crock of s***.

Guest icemanblue

I realise that no publicity is bad publicity, but, is he really doing this? Using a daft, made up bid to boost the profile of his website at the expense of the integrity of his club?

What integrity? :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I did think of opting for a different word.