NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'll drop this here just because I can. Apparently we have offers from "lower table" Premier league teams to loan Deulofeu.

I have trouble spelling his name majority of time, god help JFK.

It's probably Kinnear trying to sign Defoe.

;D

With Pardew's 6 ft 4er comments, and Kinnear's add more 'beef' comments, a striker in this mould really wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hey, like plenty have already said, if Pardew is ever going to do anything worthwhile then give him the types he wants.

The dreams of Remys and Aubameyangs in exotic 4-3-3s have likely fallen to the way side.

With Pardew's 6 ft 4er comments, and Kinnear's add more 'beef' comments, a striker in this mould really wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hey, like plenty have already said, if Pardew is ever going to do anything worthwhile then give him the types he wants.

The dreams of Remys and Aubameyangs in exotic 4-3-3s have likely fallen to the way side.

Personally feel we need both types.

Personally feel we need both types.

Well that is one scenario we can be sure will never come to pass, unfortunately.

Such a baseless rumour that Gignac article. Mention powerful striker who is french and apparently like Shearer then cover the rest of the article with news on a bid we haven't launched on someone else. 

Newcastle and Swansea make bids to buy Wilfried Bony from Vitesse Arnhem

25 Jun 2013 22:30

Anzhi are also in the frame for the striker but he's understood to want Prem move PLUS Swans want Vydra on loan

Newcastle, Swansea and big-spending Russians Anzhi Makhachkala are in a three-way fight for Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony.

The Premier League clubs have both made bids for the 24-year-old marksman, who has hit 46 goals in 63 games for the Dutch club and is understood to prefer a move to the Premier League.

West Ham also have an interest, but they consider recently-signed Andy Carroll to have been their primary target and are still waiting to find out whether a bid to take Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku on loan has been successful.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew wants reinforcements up front for his Magpies next season, while his counterpart at the Swans, Michael Laudrup, is desperate to take the goal-scoring pressure off Michu.

Laudrup has also made a loan bid for Udinese's 21-year-old Czech striker Matej Vydra.

The starlet scored 24 goals during his temporary spell at Watford last season to help Gianfranco Zola’s men to the Play-Off Final, and wants to stay in British football.

As none of the offers received so far met the Italian club’s valuation - they are said to have rejected an £8m bid from an unnamed Premier League club - they would rather loan him out again.

Vydra’s agent, Ondrej Chovanec, claims four Premier League clubs are in the running for the player’s services.

Chovanec said: “We agreed that none of the offers (for a permanent transfer) are in the region that would interest Udinese.

“They don’t want to sell him for £8m, so they have given us freedom to discuss loan spells with the Premier League clubs that are interested.

“At the moment, we have offers from four Premier League clubs - West Brom, West Ham, Swansea and Sunderland.

“Udinese don’t want Matej to have to get used to life in a different country, so now it seems likely that he will be playing on in the UK.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-newcastle-swansea-bid-wilfried-1996231?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is Bony an out-and-out Number 9? or can he play off a front man?

Some would say he is the front man but imo he likes to be much more inbolbed in play than just being a target man

Some would say he is the front man but imo he likes to be much more inbolbed in play than just being a target man

Would he be a likely "replacement" for Cisse or an handy addition to Cisse? (is I guess what I'm actually driving at)

Would he be a likely "replacement" for Cisse or an handy addition to Cisse? (is I guess what I'm actually driving at)

Would not replace Cisse with him, I guess together they could work well, not sure Cisse would suit working off a target man anyway he would suit a more involved player such as Cisse.

Would not replace Cisse with him, I guess together they could work well, not sure Cisse would suit working off a target man anyway he would suit a more involved player such as Cisse.

Some of Cisse's link up play last season was terrific, just trying to envisage the best kind of player to compliment him with. Don't know much about Bony (other than what I've gathered online)

From i can gather about Bony is that he's not really a target man but he has the physique which allows him to hold the ball up anyway and he likes to get involved in play i.e. drop deep.

I have not seen enough to make a proper judgement but if this all rings true it is someone who would work well alongside Cisse IMO.

He sounds more of the Benteke type than the Carroll type from what i understand.