NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I've never been very impressed with Gomis, though as Pardew prefers a battering ram style CF I can see why we might buy him. He's very similar to Kenwyn Jones who I'm sure is available at a much cheaper price. I bet that idea cheers everyone up.

Guest reefatoon

I've never been very impressed with Gomis, though as Pardew prefers a battering ram style CF I can see why we might buy him. He's very similar to Kenwyn Jones who I'm sure is available at a much cheaper price. I bet that idea cheers everyone up.

It's got me really really optimistic for the coming season.  Giddy infact!

Would much rather have Remy, because he can play both in the centre and on the wing.

I have wanted him here since his Nice days.

Problem is he could be on C wing by the time the season starts.

Would much rather have Remy, because he can play both in the centre and on the wing.

Very good!

:-). Yeah, I know. And I also know that it's a risk. But innocent until proven guilty, right?

As people have said. Always thought he was like a slightly better version of Kenwyne Jones. Although seeing as the Premier league is treated as being the stronger league you'd probs have to wait and see if he is actually infact better.

B. Gomis plaît à l'OM

Plus du tout désiré à Lyon, Bafétimbi Gomis est sur le marché à un an de la fin de son contrat. En France, il semblerait selon nos informations que l'Olympique de Marseille apprécie beaucoup le profil du joueur, âgé de 27 ans.

No longer wanted by Lyon, Gomis is available with just one year left on his contract. In France, it appears according to our information, that OM are interested in the player.

Even worse than getting Gomis would be getting Gignac who OM would definitely move on if Gomis signs. Not the original immobile plank of a striker as Shola has that title, but a very close second. And if you think HBA is a bit porky just wait until you see this fat fucker.

Id have him Bent over.

Dirty fucker :lol:

Anyway yeah Gomis instead of Bent.  I'd rather take a risk on a player who might be good than buy a player I already know doesn't offer what we need.

Think our plans for next season will be clear if we get Bent & Gomis (4-4-2) or if it's Bent/Gomis plus Remy/Sinclair or similar (4-5-1). In the mindset of accepting we're losing Cisse.

Will Bent and Gomis be adequate replacements for Cisse and Ba? I reckon we'd need to get Remy in as well for us to say we were at a similar strength to a year ago because I don't rate Bent as highly as Cisse and I  haven't seen Gomis but he'd have to go some to match Ba's impact here.