NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

What if we miss out on Bent and Gomis but not Remy? We need 2 forwards.

Depends if Cisse leaves for me.... if he stays i'd be happy with just Remy and a winger.

But if he leaves i agree we need two forwards.

So you're the one that's turned Cisse's head.

I really hope we don't get Gignac i know we are desperate but he's rubbish.

:thup: Gignac is average at best in just about every department, there's no one quality he possess that makes me think he could be a success in the premier league. I don't think Gomis is great, but he's by far the better option.

I guess you could say anyone that pushes Shola further down the pecking order is a good signing :lol:

You could achieve that by signing Neesy.

:lol: Neesy's a class dude. I'd sign him.

Transfer news: Newcastle boss Alan Pardew waiting on update in striker search

Last Updated: July 22, 2013 5:10pm

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has left the pursuit of a new striker in the hands of the club's transfer team.

Director of football Joe Kinnear, club secretary Lee Charnley and chief scout Graham Carr are the men charged with the task of getting deals over the line.

The acquisition of a proven frontman has been made their top priority, with the Magpies short on numbers in the final third.

Several players have been linked with a switch to St James' Park, and Pardew has admitted to being in the hunt for Lyon forward Bafetimbi Gomis.

An offer is reported to be on the table for the France international, but no agreement has been reached as yet.

Pardew hopes he will soon be in a position to welcome fresh faces into his ranks, but admits his focus at present is locked on pre-season preparations in Portugal.

He told the Evening Chronicle: "I'm focusing on the team out here, and Joe, Lee Charnley and Graham are looking to get someone over the line.

"At the minute, especially if Shola's (Ameobi) missing, and with no Papiss (Cisse) out here, we're a little bit light for a Premier League team.

"I spoke to Joe on Friday, and he has some important meetings."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8835342/transfer-news-newcastle-boss-alan-pardew-waiting-on-update-in-striker-search

Mick Harford, Arsene Wenger, Prince William and Barack Obama.

:lol:

Then on to put a patent on this internet idea he has just come up with.

Guest Alexinho

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has left the pursuit of a new striker in the hands of the club's transfer team.

Director of football Joe Kinnear, club secretary Lee Charnley and chief scout Graham Carr are the men charged with the task of getting deals over the line.

The acquisition of a proven frontman has been made their top priority, with the Magpies short on numbers in the final third.

Several players have been linked with a switch to St James' Park, and Pardew has admitted to being in the hunt for Lyon forward Bafetimbi Gomis.

An offer is reported to be on the table for the France international, but no agreement has been reached as yet.

Pardew hopes he will soon be in a position to welcome fresh faces into his ranks, but admits his focus at present is locked on pre-season preparations in Portugal.

He told the Evening Chronicle: "I'm focusing on the team out here, and Joe, Lee Charnley and Graham are looking to get someone over the line.

"At the minute, especially if Shola's (Ameobi) missing, and with no Papiss (Cisse) out here, we're a little bit light for a Premier League team.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8835342/transfer-news-newcastle-boss-alan-pardew-waiting-on-update-in-striker-search

A LITTLE light?? Understatement, put it in the dictionary...

Now he hasn't been linked but I always liked Evertons Jelavic, and for £5m I think he'd be a solid forward option..

I have no time for him after what he said about the club.

Still having 'important meetings' :lol:

Our whole fucking set up is a farce.  One in at the most, a late big bid will see a 'purple' leave and we'll be panicking last minute.  How's that for optimism.

A LITTLE light?? Understatement, put it in the dictionary...

Pardew covering himself well there " dont blame me its those other cunts looking for the club mobile"

It all highlights that Pardew has absolutely no idea regarding any of the big players going, too. He states that the transfer team conclude all incoming deals, but insists that we won't let anybody leave unless it 'blows the doors off'. Well Alan, that will all be down to the transfer team my friend won't it. He knows nowt.

It all highlights that Pardew has absolutely no idea regarding any of the big players going, too. He states that the transfer team conclude all incoming deals, but insists that we won't let anybody leave unless it 'blows the doors off'. Well Alan, that will all be down to the transfer team my friend won't it. He knows nowt.

Yeah, but can't we assume that's the situation from him talking to the transfer team? I know he doesn't have final say on transfers, but he must work with them.