NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Basically given how we play, we're crying out for a striker that can hold up the ball and win headers. Unless Pardew goes, any other kind of striker wouldn't make a massive amount of difference.

Defoe is not that kind of striker. I'd rather we went for Rickie Lambert if we were going to sign an English striker.

Remy will make a difference. He's by no means the perfect solution but he's a technically good footballer with a brain. He's the first striker we've had in a while that can score goals and play a bit as well.

Basically given how we play, we're crying out for a striker that can hold up the ball and win headers. Unless Pardew goes, any other kind of striker wouldn't make a massive amount of difference.

Defoe is not that kind of striker. I'd rather we went for Rickie Lambert if we were going to sign an English striker.

Remy will make a difference. He's by no means the perfect solution but he's a technically good footballer with a brain. He's the first striker we've had in a while that can score goals and play a bit as well.

I bloody well hope so. I don't think I can handle Cisse running around like a headless chicken and Shola just being Shola until January.

Honestly think we are missing a striker who can link the midfield and create more than we are one that can hold the ball up.

But those types are expensive and Ashley won't pay the money.

So more of a goal scoring number 10. Someone like Siem de Jong.

Honestly think we are missing a striker who can link the midfield and create more than we are one that can hold the ball up.

But those types are expensive and Ashley won't pay the money.

I'd be inclined to agree, but as said with Pardew getting Krul to play long so often we need someone to win headers first and foremost.

I bloody well hope so. I don't think I can handle Cisse running around like a headless chicken and Shola just being Shola until January.

He's a good footballer, no doubt. Won't bumble about on the ball when we're building an attack and will move about for the midfielders. We've got Remy-lite in Gouffran but, for some daft reason, Pardew doesn't seem to realise his importance at present.

Anybody seen much of Mustapha Yatabare? Has had a good start to the season in Ligue 1, and scored a bunch in Ligue 2 last year.

Seen him twice since Guingamp came up and he has looked very decent, although very similar to Remy/Cisse in terms of style and size.

I assume this is him playing at peak confidence, though, and at 27 I'm not sure he's good enough even if he was what we were in the market for.

Assume you've been searching Transfermarkt for which Ligue 1 strikers we might be after too? :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

Oi Mole you stole that idea from me :lol:

:laugh:

Shows you are doing good work mate, should be flattered. :pow:

Tbf its not like we just invented the position :lol:

Typing on this phone is fecking awkward.

Guest icemanblue

I don't recognise any of those people, but I can tell they're French (or French-African).

Hover over their pics and u can find out who they are.

Holy shit, will you look at that. He's right!