NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Colo makes up for his lack of pace by good positioning and timing his interventions well, but he will get caught out now and then. I think it was tmonkey who produced a good analysis a few months ago, the gist of which was that Colo was good when the ball was in front of him, but weak when the ball went behind. If he gets beaten, he can't recover.

tmonkey's analysis was bloody awful overall, but that particular observation was pretty dead-on.

not quite, as Colo is okay when we keep a high line and there's enough space in behind for him to catch up. he's usually got the ability, nous, strength and top speed to shepherd the attacker towards the flanks and enable us to wait for reinforcements. he's also damned good running back to cover for other people's mistakes and putting in last ditch tackles so it's wrong to say he has no ability to recover.

it's more that he's not agile enough to change directions quickly or accelerate powerfully over shorter distances and that causes probs.

Apologies for being a pedant, but the one thing I felt colo truly struggled against last season was pace. Re-watch the WBA home game for example, Long and Odemwingie tore colo a new one. We 100% need a quick centre half

Colo was not 100% fit for this game and was carrying a thigh strain, that would be why it looked like he was exposed for lack of pace.

sounds like we are in for the right players....unfortunately we are not willing to pay what is asked.

early days yet, no harm is going in low at first

yes yes. it was actually a positive post...we are in early and for the right players.

was just refering to the story about inter milan offering round 5 mill euro or pound and we a few days later offered less after inters offer was rejected.

i have confident in our negotiations.

Colo makes up for his lack of pace by good positioning and timing his interventions well, but he will get caught out now and then. I think it was tmonkey who produced a good analysis a few months ago, the gist of which was that Colo was good when the ball was in front of him, but weak when the ball went behind. If he gets beaten, he can't recover.

tmonkey's analysis was bloody awful overall, but that particular observation was pretty dead-on.

not quite, as Colo is okay when we keep a high line and there's enough space in behind for him to catch up. he's usually got the ability, nous, strength and top speed to shepherd the attacker towards the flanks and enable us to wait for reinforcements. he's also damned good running back to cover for other people's mistakes and putting in last ditch tackles so it's wrong to say he has no ability to recover.

it's more that he's not agile enough to change directions quickly or accelerate powerfully over shorter distances and that causes probs.

Apologies for being a pedant, but the one thing I felt colo truly struggled against last season was pace. Re-watch the WBA home game for example, Long and Odemwingie tore colo a new one. We 100% need a quick centre half

Agree. While S. Taylor didn't play I can't see him being able to fend off quick attackers like Long if the ball is hoofed behind our defence.

That article is a load of bollocks. How does our success in one transfer window, affect our success in another?

So clubs are receiving bids from us and saying "newcastle got a bargain last year, there not getting player x on the cheap this year".

Clubs will pay as little as possible for players, clubs will try and get as much as they can for their own players, nothings changed.

Although we do need to be as secretive as possible because other clubs will shadow our activity.

That article is a load of bollocks. How does our success in one transfer window, affect our success in another?

So clubs are receiving bids from us and saying "newcastle got a bargain last year, there not getting player x on the cheap this year".

Clubs will pay as little as possible for players, clubs will try and get as much as they can for their own players, nothings changed.

Although we do need to be as secretive as possible because other clubs will shadow our activity.

:snod:

So basically what he is saying is that agents will now and try and drive the price up because they were pissed off at the lower fees they received from NUFC related transfers last season.

They really are scum of the earth.

I have absolutely no doubt that if we can't get the deal we want financially we will look elsewhere, even if that means ending up with a lesser player. All we can do is trust the scouts to get value for money, and so far there's not a lot to worry about from that perspective.

I have absolutely no doubt that if we can't get the deal we want financially we will look elsewhere, even if that means ending up with a lesser player. All we can do is trust the scouts to get value for money, and so far there's not a lot to worry about from that perspective.

If anything the last few supposed offers for Anita, De Jong and Debuchy show the areas we are targeting along with a Centre Half I assume we are going for 4 quality additions - whether its the players named or otherwise I have faith we will be stronger at beginning of season (That could mean just replacing Simpson and Williamson tbh)

http://www.footlille.com/2012/06/20/35173-le-losc-double-par-newcastle-pour-h-bedimo

Lille are considering Henri Bedimo in the event of the departure of Mathieu Debuchy (Franck Beria switching to the right in this case), but it appears Newcastle have a head start. The Magpies have sent an attractive offer to Montpellier for the Cameroon international left-back. The former RC Lens defender is under contract until 2015.

http://www.footlille.com/2012/06/20/35173-le-losc-double-par-newcastle-pour-h-bedimo

Lille are considering Henri Bedimo in the event of the departure of Mathieu Debuchy (Franck Beria switching to the right in this case), but it appears Newcastle have a head start. The Magpies have sent an attractive offer to Montpellier for the Cameroon international left-back. The former RC Lens defender is under contract until 2015.

If that's true, it's very clever  :)

Jedi mind games  :bluestar: What's next?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7830983/Bedimo-denies-move-claims

Montpelier defender Henri Bedimo has played down reports that he has already agreed a move away from the club.

The Cameroon international full-back has been strongly linked with a move to Newcastle, but they have told Sky Sports there are no truth in reports they have made a bid.

And now Bedimo has insisted that he is not close to signing for anyone - although does admit contacts with a couple of Premier League clubs.

"In truth I was contacted by two clubs in England, but nothing has yet been concluded," the 28-year-old told Footafrica365.

"When the media announced my departure to another country the president rang me and was surprised and angry.

"But it was all explained and found it was a rumour from someone who was far from the truth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastles-leon-best-set-for-2m-904448

Blackburn are making a £2million bid for Newcastle striker Leon Best – to replace ­China-bound Yakubu.

A fee has already been agreed, and manager Steve Kean is hoping to persuade the Republic of Ireland to join Rovers as they rebuild following relegation to the Championship.

The lure of regular first-team football - Best played rarely last season as Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse fired the Geordies into the Europa League - and a lucrative contract could sweeten the drop down to the second tier.

Probably would be an alternative to De Jong if we cant agree a fee.... also Talkshite are linking us with Alvaro Morata again although i reckon he would replace Best more than Ba. ( if it is true that is, considering the source it probably is'nt.)

Looked on the tube, all his goals was either pens or shitty goalkeepers tbf. Didn't look like posessing real skill on the ball nor any workmanship. Don't really think he has the right attitude to play at Newcastle under this current regime, could be wrong though. If we do buy him I certainly hope he can bring some magic, but just don't see it.