NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He is no different to people like Peter Wittingham and Graham Dorrans who thanks to infinitely more time and space have had their technical superiority exaggerated greatly with very strong statistics in that division. The only difference is Taarabt is flashier and has more tricks.

Tarabbt was actually quite good in the later games for QPR when Hughes had fully taken control of the squad. Warnock initially struggled to incorporate him into what was a defensive, reactive side. I thought he was vital in some of the impressive victories they had late on. I would expect a good season for him if he remained at an improved QPR, tbh.

Guest Rob 1988

Boenisch on Toon radar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2162678/Transfer-talk-Sebastian-Boenisch-Newcastle-radar-Jack-Butland-wanted-Norwich.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The versatile defender is in demand as a free agent after rejecting a new contract with Werder Bremen.

Boenisch is 6ft 3in tall and can play left-back or right-back. He was born in Poland but brought up in Germany and was capped at U21 level. However, he made the switch to Poland and started every game in the European Championships.

At only 25 he fits into Newcastle's profile but they are working primarily to sign Mathieu Debuchy while Ajax's Vurnon Anita remains a work in progress also.

Other Premier League sides are showing interest though as his size and versatility, not to mention cost, make him an attractive proposition.

The lad that the Mackems are linked to on that link Abdou Kader Mangane, here's a bit from his wiki.

On March 21, 2009 during a Ligue One game against Valenciennes he seriously injured opposing midfieler Jonathan Lacourt after a savage challenge resulted in a double fracture of the tibia and fibula. Despite calls from the French media and football fans across the world alike for Mangane to be banned for life, he was only suspended until 1 June 2009, leading to a collective outrage. He has been booed in every ground in France since and has stated that 'he lives with guilt every day of his life'. Lacourt has yet to play football again and is currently unattached having been released by Valenciennes in July 2011.

Should fit right in with Catts & co

He's a proper slow clogger. No ta.

I would love to have this power. To see a random, unknown player a few times and have him sussed.

Yeah, to watch the Euro is a powerful thing.

Not sure how Sewelly does things like that.

I would love to have this power. To see a random, unknown player a few times and have him sussed.

I saw him play for Germany at the U21s and Poland at the Euros as well as a few times for Bremen.

That's a fair sample and every time he's looked slow, cumbersome and uncomfortable on the ball as if he was a centre back trying to play at fullback.

Yeah, to watch the Euro is a powerful thing.

Not sure how Sewelly does things like that.

I watched all 3 games and had no idea he played, which is the same for most people I'd imagine.

I saw him play for Germany at the U21s and Poland at the Euros as well as a few times for Bremen.

That's a fair sample and every time he's looked slow, cumbersome and uncomfortable on the ball as if he was a centre back trying to play at fullback.

Cool memory, bro  O0