NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Maybe because even Afonso Alves managed to score like 50goals in your league in 2 seasons.

Afonso Alves was much better than UK folk think he is based on his time at Boro. Apparently his hearth wasn't in it after his big money move, but he was genuinly on fire at Heerenveen. Don't see the relevance to this argument either. Over the past two decades plenty of players who have done well here have done well in other competitions, some reaching world class level.

Oh well, suspect he wouldn't work hard enough but would have liked him, hope we have someone who can play in a front 3 lined up

Think it's more to with his wage demands tbh..... as long as we get a RB, CB and striker and no one important leaves we will be fine and in a better shape than last season.

Oh well, suspect he wouldn't work hard enough but would have liked him, hope we have someone who can play in a front 3 lined up

Think it's more to with his wage demands tbh..... as long as we get a RB, CB and striker and no one important leaves we will be fine and in a better shape than last season.

Hoillett has done nothing to warrant earing 50k a week. He has had a good season in a shit side, but was still inconsistant. Should be looking at around 30k a week, then give him bonuses for clean sheats, goals and assists. Higher bonus for clean sheets to make the little fucker defend.

Hoillett has done nothing to warrant earing 50k a week. He has had a good season in a s*** side, but was still inconsistant. Should be looking at around 30k a week, then give him bonuses for clean sheats, goals and assists. Higher bonus for clean sheets to make the little f***er defend.

Completely agree, some of our best players dont get that much yet a player who quite frankly probably would'nt start should?

We are right to move on from him tbh and i dont consider a wide player a priority anyway..... i consider centre-back, full-back and a striker who can play wide to be priorities.

After that if there are deals to be done and it's right for the club then go for it, but i consider those 3 positions i mentioned above most important.

I can't imagine any attacker has ever had a clean sheet bonus :lol: could be wrong though.

Makes sense though, dont you think?

I can sort of see the logic but I just can't see it. The same way it would be nice for defender to chip in with a few goals but I doubt they have goal bonuses. As I said I could be completely wrong but I just imagine these bonuses are based on the primary aspects of a players position.

Newcastle sidestep chance to sign Junior Hoilett‎

ChronicleLive - 19 minutes ago

The skilful Canadian winger has been linked with United throughout the summer after coming to the end of his current deal with relegated Blackburn Rovers.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/06/newcastle-sidestep-chance-to-sign-junior-hoilett-72703-31335627/

I wouldn't mind Hoillett here, but I can understand if we don't want to sign him. He doesn't seem our ideal fit, comes across as a bit arrogant, is a diver etc. If he's also demanding big wages, I'd be happy to forget it.

I would imagine barring Colo and possibly Tiote that would make him our top earner, doesn't deserve to leap frog some of our best players just because he is relatively cheap in terms of a fee.

Yeah, I'd be happy enough if Hoilett came here but by all accounts he's a bit arrogant and lazy, which his lack of work off the ball and supposed wage demands seem to support. 

Look at the who we've been signing last season, all professionals with a top attitude - no egos allowed in here now.  Bigirimana and Good from what we've heard fit this model also.  Bigirimana loves his football and his family and is thankful for the opportunities he has had, and the Aussies over on that forum said that Good works hard on the training ground.

Have to say I think people are overexaggerating with their worries about our squad being really thin on the ground.  Aside from the fact that the window is far from over and the ones we've got rid of (apart from Guthrie) barely got a game anyway, Pards obviously thinks the youth players are ready to come in from the fringes and play a real part.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Ferguson, Almalfitano, Tavernier, Vuckic, Abeid, Streete, Sammy and now Good and Bigi Smalls figuring a lot more in the first team.

I have every confidence we're still going to get some good senior players in also.  Don't shit your pants ust yet, folks.

Yeah, I'd be happy enough if Hoilett came here but by all accounts he's a bit arrogant and lazy, which his lack of work off the ball and supposed wage demands seem to support. 

Look at the who we've been signing last season, all professionals with a top attitude - no egos allowed in here now.  Bigirimana and Good from what we've heard fit this model also.  Bigirimana loves his football and his family and is thankful for the opportunities he has had, and the Aussies over on that forum said that Good works hard on the training ground.

Have to say I think people are overexaggerating with their worries about our squad being really thin on the ground.  Aside from the fact that the window is far from over and the ones we've got rid of (apart from Guthrie) barely got a game anyway, Pards obviously thinks the youth players are ready to come in from the fringes and play a real part.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Ferguson, Almalfitano, Tavernier, Vuckic, Abeid, Streete, Sammy and now Good and Bigi Smalls figuring a lot more in the first team.

I have every confidence we're still going to get some good senior players in also.  Don't s*** your pants ust yet, folks.

Completely agree, i'm confident we will have 3 or 4 quality additions to the first team in any case and the team will undoubtedly be stronger than the one that ended the season away to Everton.

If we still have bought no one come August 31st then i'll start shitting various pants :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Excellent sentence from Wor Lee in that article "....The player turned up without announcement......"