NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Debuchy would obviously be first choice which sorts the biggest priority in the squad and also likely means Simpson moves on. Clyne is a free agent (granted he would command a fairly small fee at a tribunal) and can cover both fullback slots, ideal for our needs.

Newcastle United are keen on bringing in Roma forward Bojan Krkic this summer, and are prepared to sacrifice Davide Santon in order to push through a deal, Goal.com understands

The 21-year-old attacker struggled to adapt during his first season at the Stadio Olimpico, having arrived on a two-year contract from Barcelona in July 2011, leading to suggestions new coach Zdenek Zeman is looking to move him on.

And the Magpies have stepped forward as potential suitors, but any agreement would still allow the Blaugrana to exercise their option of bringing him back to Camp Nou at the end of the upcoming campaign.

Roma secured Bojan, who scored seven goals in 33 Serie A appearances for the Giallorossi last season, in a £10 million transfer, but would have to pay another £22m if they wanted to retain the one-cap Spain man beyond 2012-13.

Given the expensive nature of a potential transfer and the capital club's search for a new full-back, Newcastle are willing to include Santon in a bid to further convince Roma to part with the player before the end of the summer transfer window.

The defender joined the Premier League outfit for £5m from Inter last August and, despite starting slowly at the Sports Direct Arena, eventually made 24 appearances under manager Alan Pardew, helping the side to a fifth-placed finish.

Nonetheless, the Italy Under-21 international would be happy to return to the peninsula, but only with a prestigious club, and Roma could be his next port of call if Bojan decides his future lies in England.

However, while a transfer could well be in the pipeline, Bojan Krkic is believed not to be keen on making the move as he believes he would flourish under the tutelage of Zeman - a coach renowned for his attacking philosophy.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/13/3238956/newcastle-interested-in-santon-bojan-swap-deal

Load of shit I assume

Guest Archie

Wait, how much did Roma have to pay in total for Bojan? Sounds like they got royally shafted by Barcelona..

He is not even that good ffs

Blame Enrique for that. It was a wierd arrangement, kind of like a loan with a buy back? I can't really remember. Meh

I reckon it's highly unlikely. The only chance of it happening would be if the price was sub 7/8 mill.

The major problem with Carroll is that he doesn't have the technical ability that we're currently looking for in all our transfer targets. He can/will be a very good player if allowed to play his game in the right team but that team is no longer us

Guest NeilJ

I always liked Carroll even when he left as I felt we couldnt say no to £35 million and I'm glad we didn't as we wouldn't be where we are today , but after that dive I've changed my mind I know diving goes on but you don't dive against a team you apparently support  :rant:

I'd theoretically still welcome Carroll back with open arms if we could get him for a low fee and reasonable wages and he came to be a member of the squad without guarantees of first team football. He'd be perfect as a plan B and good foil for both Ba and Cisse. With Simpson and Williamson hopefully not featuring so much I can't see us resorting to long ball so much even when he's up there, and it would give us a whole different dimension from set pieces, something we've been ridiculously bad at since he left.

I always liked Carroll even when he left as I felt we couldnt say no to £35 million and I'm glad we didn't as we wouldn't be where we are today , but after that dive I've changed my mind I know diving goes on but you don't dive against a team you apparently support  :rant:

He clearly bottled the chance man. I think the dive wasn't bourn from malice, more like panic in the face of scoring against the club he, his friends and family supports.