NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Not that you were serious Dave, but a player like Remy would be a totally different matter as he can play in many different positions/roles whereas Carroll the big tree has to play centrally.

Guest Spiria

I don't think Remy will come.

OM is a club with a difficult financial situation. If they sell Remy, it will be for no less than 20 m. A bit expensive all this.

Would like him though. Very good player.

OM is a club with a difficult financial situation. If they sell Remy, it will be for no less than 20 m. A bit expensive all this.

having a difficuilt financial situation usually drives the price down.

Guest Spiria

having a difficuilt financial situation usually drives the price down.

They don't want  to be considered as a club which sell cheap. They already sell Ben Arfa, Niang for nothing. They don't want to repeat it again.

Ben Arfa                    Remy

Cisse

:pedro:

Clearly never going to happen, but still...

---------------Krul

Debu----Tayls----Colo----Santon

---------Cab----------Tiote

Benny------------------------Remy

---------Cisse----------Ba

Ben Arfa                    Remy

Cisse

Clearly never going to happen, but still...

---------------Krul

Debu----Tayls----Colo----Santon

---------Cab----------Tiote

Benny------------------------Remy

---------Cisse----------Ba

http://lifeinlegacy.com/2002/1228/WhitehouseDavina.jpg

Guest nufc_89

As most of you, i find this transfer very unlikely. But i woul much rather have him than Carroll. He would be an option out wide and would fit our way of playing much better than Carroll

Just read that article, what a steaming pile of shit. Apparently we need a right winger because "Gabriel Obertan frankly isn't good enough, Jonas Gutierrez probably is more comfortable on the left and nobody is really sure if Sylvain Marveaux is a) any good and b) can stand up and run around and stuff." Not only is it pretty disgusting what he's written about Marveaux for what is supposed to be a professional website, he's also blatantly missed the fact we have HBA.

Love who the guy reckons we should sign too. He suggests Man City buy Schweinsteiger, Man Utd should go for Tiote as suggested above, Arsenal for Lass, Spurs for Soldado, Chelsea for Piszczek, Everton for Benayoun and Liverpool for Dembele. After all of those you'd imagine the guy would actually try and link us with someone decent, but no. He suggests we sign Rhys fucking Williams from Boro. Incredible. Journalism really is on its arse.

Guest VaVaVoom

Not seen much of Remy, but he's much more suited to playing the wide forward role than anyone else we've been linked to this summer, isn't he? Can't see there being anything in the link mind.

They want 15mil for him and while he is a good player and would suit our system i cant see us even being in for him with any real intent unless we sold Ba, which like i've said before could be for the greater good really.

Forster 2mil, Best 3mil, Ba 7mil and Simpson 3 (presumidly)...15mil...Theres the money for Loic Remy.

Ashley then only really needs to spend 8mil of the clubs money (which we do have) to get Debuchy and our starting 11 is as good as complete!

Not seen much of Remy, but he's much more suited to playing the wide forward role than anyone else we've been linked to this summer, isn't he? Can't see there being anything in the link mind.

They want 15mil for him and while he is a good player and would suit our system i cant see us even being in for him with any real intent unless we sold Ba, which like i've said before could be for the greater good really.

Forster 2mil, Best 3mil, Ba 7mil and Simpson 3 (presumidly)...15mil...Theres the money for Loic Remy.

Ashley then only really needs to spend 8mil of the clubs money (which we do have) to get Debuchy and our starting 11 is as good as complete!

Whilst leaving our squad really fucking short and going into the season with 2 strikers  :facepalm:

Guest VaVaVoom

Whilst leaving our squad really fucking short and going into the season with 2 strikers  :facepalm:

What? Forster was never going to be playing. Simpson would be replaced. Ba would be replaced. Its only really best that would need to be replaced and hopefully he would be with a young striker.

Argument for arguments sake. Pathetic.

What? Forster was never going to be playing. Simpson would be replaced. Ba would be replaced. Its only really best that would need to be replaced and hopefully he would be with a young striker.

Argument for arguments sake. Pathetic.

How is it an argument for arguments sake when you claim it's for the greater good to sell one of our two forwards?

and let's not talk about pathetic, not when it's coming from someone who promised to pay a cancer charity £50, not only a cancer charity but one very close to our (and should be yours) heart, boast about how much they earn then a year later still not having paid said bet yeah? I assume you still can't afford the £50...

Guest BooBoo

I'll be honest, I'm getting just a tad concerned at the lack of any incoming deals. The Spurs game is now less than a month away and still we've not brought in a player who is seemingly a first team squad member. Other than the pre season prior to the Championship, this is pretty much a first. I'm all for bringing in promising youngsters like Bigi but we knew going into the summer what our priorities were and we've not secured any of them. I'm always keen to see new players brought in early in the summer to allow them pre season to bed in with the squad, rather than just at the last minute. I think we saw that with Santon last year; bringing him in at the tail end of August  forced us to give him his own pre season and as such we didn't see him for months in the first team.