NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He's played for HSV and Juve this season so can't play for anybody else. Good research from the rags as usual.

There are ways around it with loans mind, not sure about signing a player from abroad but Nicky Shorey and Asmir Begovic have both played for 3 clubs in one season recently.

They were classed as emergency loans though I think. We'd not be able to claim that.

Yep.

I don't understand how Shorey going to Forest for 2 and a half months and Jonjo Shelvey going to Blackpool for 2 months can count as emergency loans mind.

Going to be banned from 2014.

If he became available, we would be interested. I doubt we will be buying him this month though. I don't think we will spend much more than we have. I can see one in one out, forster being the out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Where would he go though. The top five or six have top class centre halves! Maybe Arsenal

Jones rio vidic

Terry Cahill luiz

Vermalen Mertesacker

Kompany Lescott Toure

Gallas King Kaboul

Hell he would have to be a hell of a player to get in front of Colo and Tayls

Where would he go though. The top five or six have top class centre halves! Maybe Arsenal

Jones rio vidic

Terry Cahill luiz

Vermalen Mertesacker

Kompany Lescott Toure

Gallas King Kaboul

Man U, easily. 

Ferdinand is visibly slower/shitter each game.  Needs replaced sooner than later.

Vidic may not come back as strong.

Jones and smalling both need time and development.

Jones rio vidic

Terry Cahill luiz

Vermalen Mertesacker

Kompany Lescott Toure

Gallas King Kaboul

He could probably get in all of those defences tbh.

I said here last week that according to the Dutch correspondents on the radio he's aiming a lot higher than us... So I wouldn't get your hopes on it...

That, and oddly enough, he is not very good either. Not rated at all by most @j@x fans I know.

I remember some Ajax fans saying Vermaelen wasn't all that...

I said here last week that according to the Dutch correspondents on the radio he's aiming a lot higher than us... So I wouldn't get your hopes on it...

That, and oddly enough, he is not very good either. Not rated at all by most @j@x fans I know.

I remember some Ajax fans saying Vermaelen wasn't all that...

FWIW they think he's a big game player, who is only up for it in the CL type matches and becomes a liability against the so-called lesser sides due to a lack of concentration.

Jones rio vidic

Terry Cahill luiz

Vermalen Mertesacker

Kompany Lescott Toure

Gallas King Kaboul

I haven't seen loads of Vertonghen, but looking at the clubs' defences you've posted there, it's not hard to put forward some arguments why they'd need strengthening.

Man Utd - Vidic is very good, Ferdinand is (has been) going downhill fast, Jones lacks experience (is he a natural CB?)

Chelsea - Luiz has been unreliable on a spectacular basis, Cahill IMO is overrated, Terry I still think is a very good defender.

Arsenal - does this really need to be discussed?

Man City - Kompany has been the best defender in the league this year, Lescott is decent enough but you can easily improve on him, Toure's days there are numbered I'd imagine.

Tottenham - King has a part-time job in being dead, Kaboul and Gallas are decent but again, easily can be improved upon.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Although I think most of the teams above could improve their defences, I'm not sure they would want to.

Which is my point

Chelsea Man U have invested heavily in 2 centre halves recently ( luiz Cahill smalling jones)

Man city would go top top centre half for their next purchase

Spuds in Kaboul King Dawson Bassong Gallas have to sell to buy