NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Elia on loan now would be perfect. Add another body in to our squad would be great as Obertan is s***, then sign Hoilett for free in the summer.

There are a few decent free agents in the summer, and hopefully we will catch some of them....

CB and Cissokho and we will push for topp 7 or might even higher.....

I thought Elia looked class in the last world cup but haven't really followed him since he went to Juve; for the right price surely the move would be a no brainer and add some welcome depth?

That said, a centre back has to be our priority regardless!

Clarets reject Toon bid for hot Rod‎

Lancashire Telegraph - 5 minutes ago

BURNLEY have staved off January interest in Jay Rodriguez from Newcastle United, but there are fears they will lose the striker in the summer.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9494306.Clarets_reject_Toon_bid_for_hot_Rod/

I had a feeling we'd be in for this guy when Pards was at Boro/Burnley the other week, and he scored (again).

Clarets reject Toon bid for hot Rod‎

Lancashire Telegraph - 5 minutes ago

BURNLEY have staved off January interest in Jay Rodriguez from Newcastle United, but there are fears they will lose the striker in the summer.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9494306.Clarets_reject_Toon_bid_for_hot_Rod/

I had a feeling we'd be in for this guy when Pards was at Boro/Burnley the other week, and he scored (again).

Good player is Rodriguez. Burnley would be looking to get far more than our budget would allow though I reckon. If they rejected £5m in the summer, they'd be wanting at least that now.

A loan with first option to buy in the summer would be class all round. Would help us maintain this windows budget on a centre back but also bring in someone who can help do a job down the right flank or cover the left. If it doesn't work out we can tell him to jog on back to Juventus.

Guest Roger Kint

Wonder when the media are going to work out we are after defenders and not attackers?  ???

Could at least make up stories in the area we have very publically stated we were interested in  :lol:

New thread?

TransferNewsOfficial @SkySportsAndy

Reply RetweetedRetweet

Delete

FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Sky Sports understans Newcastle have had a £6 million Bid Accepted for Middlesbrough Captain Matthew Bates. #NUFC #MFC #SSN

FWIW:

@SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Just to confirm as a numebr are asking, @SkySportsAndy is NOT an official account please ignore and/or unfollow.

3 hours ago

Wonder when the media are going to work out we are after defenders and not attackers?  ???

Could at least make up stories in the area we have very publically stated we were interested in  :lol:

Depends what they are being fed... We were linked with a whole host of defenders then up pops Cisse holding up the No.9 shirt...

Guest Roger Kint

Depends what they are being fed... We were linked with a whole host of defenders then up pops Cisse holding up the No.9 shirt...

Cisse was a complete one off with regard to this window, the striker signing we needed 18 months ago and again 6 months ago which would have dragged on through the summer if it didnt become possible now. Why do people use him as a reason for other potential signings that we arent even looking at?

And as for being 'fed' thats the opposite of how we work as Cisse has shown........

Been w*** in Germany and Italy.

Certainly wasn't w*** in Germany. Saw him live for Hamburg (and on tv) a couple of times last season, technically very, very giftet. Might lack a bit of end product, but a real threat down his wing.

Can play on the left or right. Good player.

only seen him a few times but reminds me of Obertan...bags of pace but as someone said, lacks end product.

Cisse was a complete one off with regard to this window, the striker signing we needed 18 months ago and again 6 months ago which would have dragged on through the summer if it didnt become possible now. Why do people use him as a reason for other potential signings that we arent even looking at?

And as for being 'fed' thats the opposite of how we work as Cisse has shown........

Think you missed the point i was making... The Cisse deal came out of nowhere... Before we knew it he was at the training ground... Whilst all the media were reporting defenders coming in at any given minute... So it would be fair to assume something similar could happen with a defender when being linked with a whole host of forwards...

New thread?

TransferNewsOfficial @SkySportsAndy

Reply RetweetedRetweet

Delete

FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Sky Sports understans Newcastle have had a £6 million Bid Accepted for Middlesbrough Captain Matthew Bates. #NUFC #MFC #SSN

Confirmed on wikipedia so it must be true..... :D

Guest Roger Kint

Think you missed the point i was making... The Cisse deal came out of nowhere... Before we knew it he was at the training ground... Whilst all the media were reporting defenders coming in at any given minute... So it would be fair to assume something similar could happen with a defender when being linked with a whole host of forwards...

So in other words you agree with me that they all know fuck all? Which is why i asked why they link us to obviously wrong targets rather than ones which at least make sense?

Yes in the main... It was the bit about publicly stating our intentions I don't ... We said no centre forward this window just a defender... And so far we have signed the opposite... Basically just saying take all links with a pinch of salt...

Guest Roger Kint

Yes in the main... It was the bit about publicly stating our intentions I don't ... We said no centre forward this window just a defender... And so far we have signed the opposite... Basically just saying take all links with a pinch of salt...

yeah but theres an obvious answer to why we signed a striker which i pointed out, its not like we lied at all tbf. As i said all these links are shite basically.....Jay Rod ffs as if we would sign another striker

yeah but theres an obvious answer to why we signed a striker which i pointed out, its not like we lied at all tbf. As i said all these links are s**** basically.....Jay Rod ffs as if we would sign another striker

Just like waiting for the bus, you wait for one for ages then two come along at once....