NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

And Ian, if we don't finish in the top six at the very least (realistically we need the top four and have known that all summer long), all those signings will certainly be irrelevant because all those players will be out the door.

Not all of them, and only for very good money. I wanted more signings too but it's not as black n white as that. We could still have a very good season and probably will.

Guest Wally_McFool

You're also claiming us qualifying for the champs league is based on replacing a right back & signing a few squad players which is massively debatable.

Indeed, however not replacing a right back and failing to add a few squad players makes it more or less nailed on that we wont be competing for the 4th spot.

A lot is relying on Cisse and Ba's conversion rates, which were pretty much top tier last season.

We needed this year to have better allround play and create more clear cut chances as teams will be better prepared for us. Forget the defence being one key inj away from being vuleranable if our strikers stop converting a lot of 'half chances' as they did last year the problem will be bigger and more all encompassing.

Little uncomfortable this feeling that those around us have crept ahead now (not spurs).

And Ian, if we don't finish in the top six at the very least (realistically we need the top four and have known that all summer long), all those signings will certainly be irrelevant because all those players will be out the door.

Not all of them, and only for very good money. I wanted more signings too but it's not as black n white as that. We could still have a very good season and probably will.

If we finish 7th, there's almost no chance of keeping hold of HBA, Cisse, Ba, Cabaye or Tiote imo.

Guest neesy111

A lot is relying on Cisse and Ba's conversion rates, which were pretty much top tier last season.

We needed this year to have better allround play and create more clear cut chances as teams will be better prepared for us. Forget the defence being one key inj away from being vuleranable if our strikers stop converting a lot of 'half chances' as they did last year the problem will be bigger and more all encompassing.

Little uncomfortable this feeling that those around us have crept ahead now (not spurs).

This is what I'm saying, not even having a decent backup striker is a joke.  Who do we have on the bench to change it upfront?

Guest neesy111

If we finish 7th, there's almost no chance of keeping hold of HBA, Cisse, Ba, Cabaye or Tiote imo.

This.  Also if they want to leave the amount of £££ we'll get for them is lower.

This is what I'm saying, not even having a decent backup striker is a joke.  Who do we have on the bench to change it upfront?

Ba will need to be rested often, too.

Agreed.

Algerian website "Competition" saying Ryad Boudabouz could yet join Newcastle, and only a further offer from Marseille may stop this...more to follow.

- Maxifoot.

Denied by Luke Edwards. We'll bring none.

Guest neesy111

Algerian website "Competition" saying Ryad Boudabouz could finally join Newcastle, and only a further offer from Marseille may stop this...more to follow.

- Maxifoot.

:yao:

I see what you're saying but for all of them to leave they're going to have very good seasons no? Because they need to go somewhere, to a club that wants to buy them based on good form?

If they all have good seasons it's likely that nufc will have a good season, no?

Not much competition for places in our starting 11 this season but then again it's been that way for along time as it was last year so hopefully no body gets lazy. Could do with Shola staying fit though just so we have some kind of Plan B when things are going wrong.

We don't have to play two up front every game. In fact I'd argue an extra midfielder makes sense with the players we've got.