NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I find this thread deeply depressing ... even realistic links to good players upsets me. The manager is struggling to get the good players we already have to play football, so really what's the point.

Unless Sissoko is also a top attacking football coach as a hobby, there really is nothing to be excited about.

I find this thread deeply depressing ... even realistic links to good players upsets me. The manager is struggling to get the good players we already have to play football, so really what's the point.

Unless Sissoko is also a top attacking football coach as a hobby, there really is nothing to be excited about.

Yeah tbh i'm more concerned about getting the tactics and system and overall game plan to work first.

No matter who we buy they will struggle to perform under Pardew at the moment.

Sort out the tactics and playing style first then buy players to suit those tactics and playing style, surely that's one of the first rules of coaching :lol:

From the other day:

"I have not yet decided what to do, I'm in a phase of reflection," the midfielder told calciomercato.com.

"Juventus, Newcastle and Anzhi interested in me? I know nothing about it. Of course all these rumours please me, but that is the business of my agent, my uncle Bakary Sanogo.

"I have no preference about the type of league, the important thing for me is to play at a high level.

"Italy and England are historically among the major championships, but I want to clarify that I would not have any problem even to go to play in Russia."

Agent-driven nonsense IMO. And we 'can't afford' him anyway.

how can't we afford him ? we bid around that for de jong didn't we ? it's not so much about the fee as the value or are we back to crying out for the days of just paying whatever it took ?

From the other day:

"I have not yet decided what to do, I'm in a phase of reflection," the midfielder told calciomercato.com.

"Juventus, Newcastle and Anzhi interested in me? I know nothing about it. Of course all these rumours please me, but that is the business of my agent, my uncle Bakary Sanogo.

"I have no preference about the type of league, the important thing for me is to play at a high level.

"Italy and England are historically among the major championships, but I want to clarify that I would not have any problem even to go to play in Russia."

how can't we afford him ? we bid around that for de jong didn't we ? it's not so much about the fee as the value or are we back to crying out for the days of just paying whatever it took ?

We couldn't afford Debuchy, Douglas or Van der Wiel. None of which were rated at £10m.

From the other day:

We couldn't afford Debuchy, Douglas or Van der Wiel. None of which were rated at £10m.

i can afford to pay £5 for a cup of coffe, i think it's crap value so i don't.

The frustrating thing is that if this form continues into December, any prospective transfer targets will see us as a struggling team and may not fancy the move whereas in the Summer, we would have been viewed as a team with Champions League aspirations.

:lol:

"We are concerned" is the only part that could be possibly construed that way and even then it makes more sense in context of what follows.

Has there been owt actually transmitted from Ashley, like that article says? I've not paid much attention to anything NUFC since the weekend.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-want-to-beat-aston-villa-1455844

Pierre pressure: Newcastle want to beat Villa to striker Aubameyang

By Dean Jones

24 Nov 2012 23:00

Lambert wants the St Etienne forward as a replacement for Bent while Pardew needs cover for Africa-bound Ba

Newcastle aim to beat Aston Villa in the race to sign striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, writes the Sunday People.

Sunday People Sport revealed ­earlier this month that Villa chief Paul Lambert was tracking the highly-rated St Etienne forward as a possible ­replacement for the out-of-favour Darren Bent.

Click here to read more stories from the Sunday People

But Toon boss Alan Pardew is ­desperately keen to strengthen his depleted squad in the January ­transfer window, and he has the 23-year-old front man in his sights too.

Pardew realises he could lose Senegal striker Demba Ba in January, so has been using the club’s strong French scouting network to come up with new options.

And Gabon international Aubameyang is the player now being identified as the latest African import who can make an impact at St James’ Park.

Versatile attacker Aubameyang can operate as a winger as well as striker and St Etienne will want in the region of £10million for a player who has become their prize asset.

The fee will come as a shock to AC Milan as the Italian outfit sold him to St Etienne exactly 12 months ago for a mere £1.5m after previously farming him out on loan to Dijon, Lille and Monaco.

Villa won’t give up on him either, as they still expect Bent to leave when the transfer ­window opens for ­business. Fulham boss Martin Jol, who signed Bent for £16.5m from Charlton in 2007 during his time at Tottenham, is also lining up a move.

England striker Bent, 28, has been stripped of the captaincy under Lambert at Villa Park and was not even in the squad for last night’s match with Arsenal.

Here he is playing against Heaton Stannington:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/jul2012/3/6/image-5-for-heaton-stannington-v-gabon-gallery-668987951.jpg

:lol:

If true, I'm pleased to hear we're after a striker. Our main priority should be to liven up our attack. I hope we're not just looking for 'cover' though. There's little point in that.

From my Dennis-style scouting mission, Aubameyang looks good and pacey. Let's hope he's another one of Yohan's friends.

My scouting of the two is solely based in my Fifa 13 career. I signed them both and in three seasons they are rated 89 & 88. Sign them up Alan.

In all seriousness I've seen PEA a few times and he looks exactally what we need, I think he can play on the left of a front three as well can't he?