NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Might not go down well with the fashionistas, but we really lack steel and someone to pick the team up by the scruff of the neck when the going gets tough.  We really miss Nolan for this imo.

Yeah, this too. They seem to be a fairly quiet bunch with no natural leaders. Colo has been made captain for want of a better candidate.

Ba seems the strongest character but he's not a team player.

Nonsense, he just wants to play in his best position which is fair enough given he is the best player at the club for the role.

.... which is not the attitude of a team player.

Really depends how he's aired himself. He's got every right to request playing in the centre. It's when he kicks off/threatens to leave because the manager needs to switch it up a bit, it becomes apparent he's not a team player. Not sure it has happened, but I wouldn't be surprised.

If that, and the talk about him wanting/demanding £90k a week is true, he is welcome to find a new club as far as I'm concerned.

HBA is great captain material. He's always questioning decisions, albeit in a relatively restrained manner compared to likes of Man U and Chelsea. He'll always stick up for another player thats in a bit of a scuffle, and most importantly of all he's got the balls to try and make something happen when no-one else has.

If Ba leaves i would go for two forwards, both of them being able to play centrally and on the left/right, that would make Cisse our main man and give us great backup behind him and quality around him as we only have HBA at this moment.

Not that i can see us going for two anyway, fucking criminal if Ba goes and we still only go for one!!!!!

If Ba leaves i would go for two forwards, both of them being able to play centrally and on the left/right, that would make Cisse our main man and give us great backup behind him and quality around him as we only have HBA at this moment.

Not that i can see us going for two anyway, f***ing criminal if Ba goes and we still only go for one!!!!!

As long he's not at AFCON ( the forward in question) and can play wide and uptop then we should get away with it until the summer.

I agree tbh Ba and Best replacement but i doubt it would happen.

Midfield needs total re-working as well and the obvious defenders too but again i don't expect much it's all dreams atm  :(

How much were we prepared to pay for Lucky Luke? £12M? Add Ba money and some donuts (in my fucking fantasy) and we could get Remy and Aubameyang for example. We wont do this i know, but it would show some ambition without really paying ridiculous money. Would give us massive options and some real quality. 30 seconds wasted of my life posting this. But hey, just an opinion on a forum of what type of players i'd like.

Remy and Aubameyang are available for around 10m i heard which is less than what we offered for De Jong so.....

Exactly, so from our pov it 'shouldn't' be impossible. Would give us a ridiculous front line with pace to burn.

Cisse

Auba        HBA.      Remy

Xxx.    Xxxx

Not sure we should buy both even if we had the money, the most realistic outcome is 1 of them plus a up and coming striker to be a back up to put Shola back to 4th choice.

If Ba leaves us i meant.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-boss-alan-pardew-will-table-1472888

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is plotting a January raid on old club Southampton for midfielder Adam Lallana.

Toon boss Pardew has been an admirer of Lallana since spending 13 months in charge at the St Mary's Stadium.

Saints captain Lallana, 23, only signed a new four-year deal last year but Pardew will test his former employer's resolve with a starting bid of £5million.

Lallana has been one of Saints' most consistent performers this season and was rewarded with a place in Roy Hodgson's England squad for the World Cup qualifier against Ukraine in September.

Pardew is desperate for reinforcements when the transfer window

As if :yao:

I do like him though if hell freezes over and this is accepted he would be a good addition.

He wanted him ages ago but Carr told him to fuck off didn't he?

Yes, remember he was mentioned in the Pardew talk in as an example of the scouting system where Pardew and Carr both have to agree on a player before we make a move. Pardew wanted him but Carr didnt think he was good enough.

:lol: not sure we need to buy another centre mid mind, we have Tiote, Cabaye, Bigi and Anita. If we sign that french lad on a free/cheap fair enough but a starting bid of £5m for one? Better spent elsewhere.