NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

milesstarforth Defender Jores Okore linked with a move to #nufc this morning, but understand he's not among this month's transfer targets.

40 minutes ago

This CB search is getting fucking stupid now, they have has so long to sort it out.

milesstarforth Defender Jores Okore linked with a move to #nufc this morning, but understand he's not among this month's transfer targets.

40 minutes ago

This CB search is getting fucking stupid now, they have has so long to sort it out.

Typical of us, look how long it took to get Cisse in, but we got him. Wouldn't you prefer to wait till the next window to get a signing like him but at CB?

If were looking for cover, aye its been too long and should have been done at the start, but if were looking for a potential 1st teamer then be prepared to wait, and hopefully we'll end up with another quality player.

Guest Brazilianbob

There is absolutely no point in buying a centre back who cant go straight into the first team.  If the players we want cant be got in Jan, then we will just have to get by with what we have.  Its not rocket science is it?  If Mbiwa is available in the summer then thats fine, get him then!

There is absolutely no point in buying a centre back who cant go straight into the first team.  If the players we want cant be got in Jan, then we will just have to get by with what we have.  Its not rocket science is it?  If Mbiwa is available in the summer then thats fine, get him then!

So if williamson or especially coloccini gets injured... We are fucked.

If Perch is still 3rd choice in 2 days we can kiss goodbye to 6th. Perch and Simpson are bound to be the centre back pairing again at some stage too, with Raylor alongside.

So if williamson or especially coloccini gets injured... We are fucked.

If Coloccini gets injured, we're fucked whatever, whether we get in cover like this Watford lad or not.

I  doubt we'll see any top class centre back move this window.

We don't need a top class CB. We need one defender capable of playing regular games as a Premier League centre back, like Williamson.

40 minutes ago

Typical of us, look how long it took to get Cisse in, but we got him. Wouldn't you prefer to wait till the next window to get a signing like him but at CB?

If were looking for cover, aye its been too long and should have been done at the start, but if were looking for a potential 1st teamer then be prepared to wait, and hopefully we'll end up with another quality player.

Yes & no

I never really believed we were going to sign a top CB as Taylor will be back at some point, its annoying though as we do need defensive cover at CB & LB but come the summer we won't be doing a Cisse type CB deal with Taylors return..

It will be Mariappa, Tomkins, Ridgewell... or Yohan Benalouane on loan.

It wont be tomkins, he just signed a new deal.

It wont be Mariappa we wont pay what they want.

It wont be Benalouane as pardew has never heard of him, and he seemingly wants PL experience.

As for ridgewell, i dont know, but unlikely.

Im not 100% convinced by Williamson's ability to play week in week out at center half. I think colo makes him look ok.

OK is a step up from the nightmare anyone else playing CB regularly would have.

We don't need a top class CB. We need one defender capable of playing regular games as a Premier League centre back, like Williamson.

:thup:

Though someone better than Williamson would be nice.

Guest MrSundlofer

It will be Mariappa, Tomkins, Ridgewell... or Yohan Benalouane on loan.

It wont be tomkins, he just signed a new deal.

It wont be Mariappa we wont pay what they want.

It wont be Benalouane as pardew has never heard of him, and he seemingly wants PL experience.

As for ridgewell, i dont know, but unlikely.

Are you our transfer dealer? Could be.

Guest Wally_McFool

Given that Saylor is more or less out for the season, we are just a Coloccini injury away from the season turning from being a very good one into an average one. The defensive back up is as weak as piss and should have been sorted by now.

Guest neesy111

I just want a CB who is capable of filling in if Williamson or Coloccini is unavailable.  Is that too hard of a ask NUFC?

Can't blame the club for not wanting to waste money on centre backs who are considered back ups. Yes we need cover but the only way that will happen is if its a loan or a bargain, like someone who contract is running out. Interested to see how this pans out over the next 24 hours, I suspect we will sign noone. Our search for a defender will continue into the summer IMO.

Guest Chubby Jason

We need a centre back. No club should have to complete half a season with two fit centre backs, if that means paying an extra million quid then they should just fucking pay it because any moron can see how moronic and reckless it would be to complete the season with only the CB's we currently have at the club.

I just want a CB who is capable of filling in if Williamson or Coloccini is unavailable.  Is that too hard of a ask NUFC?

Agreed. Ok signing Cisse was an unexpected fantastic signing. Over the moon with that one. But where the hell is our new CB? Leaving it a bit late again aren't they? If Colo and/or Williamson are injured /suspended we are going to be s*** at the back again. Goodbye UEFA cup and could ruin what has been a decent season thus far. We could be neck and neck with Chelski for fourth if we'd had a decent CB pairing for games v Norwich, swansea, West Brom etc

Perch at CB (or Full back for that matter) dear me  :fool:  What has Kadar done to upset Pardew anyone know? Looked really promising in his few run outs last season.

I think a strategy should be for every position:

1 X First Teamer

1 X Backup/Squad (ala Williamson/Raylor)

1 X Hot prospect

What we are missing for DC right now is a Hot Prospect, as Kadar doesnt seem rated.

Williamson must be backup to the invisible man and Raylor is never backup. .

Guest Roger Kint

I think a strategy should be for every position:

1 X First Teamer

1 X Backup/Squad (ala Williamson/Raylor)

1 X Hot prospect

What we are missing for DC right now is a Hot Prospect, as Kadar doesnt seem rated.

Williamson must be backup to the invisible man and Raylor is never backup. .

Well he does say 'should'.......