NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Weren't we very heavily linked to RvW when he was still at Utrecht

Yea, so would make sense. But can he play both center and wing?

Not as far as i'm aware, which is why i find it a bit strange.... would be Cisse and Ba mk2.

Was my impression as well and therefore probable we're not in for him imo, just agent p*ss. Don't think we'll get another out-and-out striker.

Weren't we very heavily linked to RvW when he was still at Utrecht

Yea, so would make sense. But can he play both center and wing?

Not as far as i'm aware, which is why i find it a bit strange.... would be Cisse and Ba mk2.

He can play as an attacking Mid or striker, would be a choice between him and de Jong I reckon. Aubermayeng would be a better option but I wouldn't be surprised to see us getting two of the three by the end of the summer.

We need a pool of at least for competent strikers with diverse skill sets.

Aubermayeng and gouffran offer pace and versatility

Cisse/rvw/dejong off a target man (the latter offer options in midfield/withdrawn striker too)

Then we have Campbell/ameobi coming through but given time to go out on loan. Could keep shola if we send them out for a year.

Wishful thinking.

Yeah i knew he could play attacking mid but we have soooo many attacking mids it seems a bit of a waste....

We have Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux, Gouffran, Ben Arfa who can all play there so if we buy a striker to play behind Cisse so then there would be a lot of players on the bench.

Cabaye and Sissoko would probably be the starting 2 so you would probably have Anita, Tiote and Marveaux all on the bench :lol:

I think signing someone like Aubameyang would make more sense considering the needs of the squad.

Well if thats the case then we might be finished in this window, as we tend to stick to our targets rather than buy someone who doesn't fit. I think we'll see us push hard for Thauvin and Aubameyang in the summer.

We might get another striker but I think it's be a youngster rather than someone to bolster the first team.

Well if thats the case then we might be finished in this window, as we tend to stick to our targets rather than buy someone who doesn't fit. I think we'll see us push hard for Thauvin and Aubameyang in the summer.

We might get another striker but I think it's be a youngster rather than someone to bolster the first team.

Agreed if we can't get those in this window we will go again in the summer, we've done it before and i'm pretty sure we will do it again.

We deffo need another attacker to give us more options up front. Its risky given our position. We are now strong enough in almost every area apart from up front.

I agree another attacker would be good but with the players we've signed, Taylor back fit and given Colo is staying til the end of the season we really should have a much more miserly defence. We won't necessarily need to score bucket loads of goals to win games. We were impotent against Norwich but we created bags of chances/goals against Man U/Arsenal and really should've been out of sight against Reading by half time.

I'm confident Cisse will still get goals and Gouffran will chip in with a few too. But the movement in the team should be a lot better in the near future and that means the likes of Sissoko/Cabaye/HBA might way in with a few goals too.

Guest bimpy474

Not that the team has helped him like but Cisse needs a kick up the arse. He loses possession so often and so easily it's ridiculously poor at this level, and his running along the line is of Sunday League standard at times.

I guess like every other player, a bit of competition wont do him any harm.

Not that the team has helped him like but Cisse needs a kick up the arse. He loses possession so often and so easily it's ridiculously poor at this level, and his running along the line is of Sunday League standard at times.

In the PL credible competiton for places is the difference between the top 6 and the rest.

Guest bimpy474

In the PL credible competiton for places is the difference between the top 6 and the rest.

Aye, the quality we have now should ensure players keep their levels up if they want to keep their place in the 11, and it gives Pardew options to rotate for certain games or when he feels players need a game or two out.

A long time since we've been able to say that.

I agree if Cisse doesnt find the net we are reliant on one new striker who doesnt know the league. If Ashley really wants to gamble then this is it for me. If he gets another striker in and we dont get the results then its not down to him whereas before all these signings he was the reason we are here now. Admittedly its a bit too late but we have signed about £35m worth of talent (RRP!) Already this window so our squad is the best it has been under this regime.

Guest bimpy474

Absolutely criminal the amount of times cisse is offside. Coaches have to have word. Unacceptable tbh.

It is bad, i think a couple times, he has even seen himself off yet made no effort to get back onside, and just carried on running knowing he's yards off. Thats rank bad, he has good movement and doesn't need to do daft stuff like that.

We achieved top six last season despite a clear dichotomy between our first team "purple players" and our reserves.

Absolutely criminal the amount of times cisse is offside. Coaches have to have word. Unacceptable tbh.

He has been awful for nearly the entire season. Whether you want to blame the coach, the player, or the style of play is a matter of personal opinion. The fact is that he has been one of the biggest deficiencies in the team this season, which is alarming given the form and ability he showed last season.

Guest bimpy474

I agree if Cisse doesnt find the net we are reliant on one new striker who doesnt know the league. If Ashley really wants to gamble then this is it for me. If he gets another striker in and we dont get the results then its not down to him whereas before all these signings he was the reason we are here now. Admittedly its a bit too late but we have signed about £35m worth of talent (RRP!) Already this window so our squad is the best it has been under this regime.

Well if we do buy another £7m+ striker, it will still be one that doesn't know the league but i'd rather have two of them, whoever it might be would still be of a good quality if the past buys are anything to go by.

Guest bimpy474

We achieved top six last season despite a clear dichotomy between our first team "purple players" and our reserves.

He has been awful for nearly the entire season. Whether you want to blame the coach, the player, or the style of play is a matter of personal opinion. The fact is that he has been one of the biggest deficiencies in the team this season, which is alarming given the form and ability he showed last season.

We did but we didn't get an injury of real note, went out of both cups very early, and had no Europa League. Along with the surprise factor that has gone now. It looked a bit of a freak season. No excuses now though, we have depth, quality and a most vital need, pace.