NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Lose to Sunderland, leak transfer rumours.

This morning's Douglas article in the Journal stinks of this.

Aye. Always a bit odd when virtually every paper has the same transfer story, with presumably the same source.

Guest bimpy474

Reckons we'll sign both Aubameyang and Carroll, well trying to.

What a lot a bollocks.

Both of them, and a total overhaul of the squad with new-look team. All whilst keeping finances sensible and under the guise of stability.

Righto. :mackems:

Exactly what i thought, us spending £10.3m on Aubameyang and £10m on Carroll if Liverpool accept it.

Us spending that pahahahahaha :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Fuck it. We're in desperate need of strikers. If we can get him relatively cheap, and on sensible wages, then I think it's worth a gamble that he can recapture his old form.

Guest icemanblue

People have forgotten just how good he was for us, like. Completely understandable considering what he's 'achieved' since. But, I think where he was (here) played a big part in his motivation.

http://www.popeandswift.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/andy_carroll_280x39_779934a11.jpg

:anguish:

If we sign Carroll back we may as well bin Cabaye/Siss/HBA etc. The midfield will be bypassed anyway. Grim

Not necessarily, Sissoko would be pretty good picking up on knock downs from Carroll and driving on. I don't want him back either but there are ways in which it could work.

I think recent recruitment and the wishful thinking that Pardew may be replaced any time soon by a more progressive manager is making some believe that we're somehow above having a player like Carroll in the side. I don't see us being any much more of a passing side now than we were under Hughton when Carroll was our main threat, despite Pardew's spiel.

http://www.popeandswift.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/andy_carroll_280x39_779934a11.jpg

:anguish:

If we sign Carroll back we may as well bin Cabaye/Siss/HBA etc. The midfield will be bypassed anyway. Grim

Not necessarily, Sissoko would be pretty good picking up on knock downs from Carroll and driving on. I don't want him back either but there are ways in which it could work.

I suppose yeah, but I really don't think Sissoko should be playing that far forward personally, and it will encourage our ball playing CB's to hoof long to Carroll. We do that anyway, this smacks of Pardew being so fucking braindead that his only solution to our woes is to buy a big target man, and revert to type

I didn't say anything about how far forward they would be, you can knock a ball down to an on running midfielder in any part of the pitch.

Id have Carroll and PEA.

Aye :lol: but not only is it very difficult to believe i struggle to understand how we would fit Aubameyang, Carroll and Cisse in the same team :lol:

Squad rotation? Banashing the BigSho?