NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest neesy111

6ft2.  Not tall enough.

I will never get bored of this joke. Top, top drawer patter.

:rolleyes:

Glad the fraud is only limited to a pair of 6ft 4" beanpoles before he gets the push.

One Carroll type striker and another lanky Williamson lookalike incoming. 

Zero service

:fwap:

Except Pardew doesn't have control over signings. Which you already know I suppose.

Yeh but he can hope, like when he got us obertan

At least he has control of how the team plays.

I know apparently Ashley's 'favourite player' is Yohan, but I bet he's fizzin at the clopper with these Monaco links, if a bid does actually materialize he'd "take them to the fackin' cleaners!" :lol:

Rather unconfident already tbh. We're just s*** at bringing the required in. Took us a year to replace Carroll, we still haven't replaced Ba. The last close season we failed to strengthen when it was obvious we needed to. We got the players in in January but it's arguable we only spent that money as we were so close to the drop.

If Ashley feels he can get by on spending the bare minimum then he'll do it - so any links to big names or good prospects i'm not buying it - think its gonna be another real disappointment.

Yeh no denying that, but to describe how confident I am we will bring in the players required - for the fee's they're worth - i'd say not very.

Our policy is a load of bollocks, completely mythologized by our board into something its not.

Rather unconfident already tbh. We're just s*** at bringing the required in. Took us a year to replace Carroll, we still haven't replaced Ba. The last close season we failed to strengthen when it was obvious we needed to. We got the players in in January but it's arguable we only spent that money as we we're so close to the drop.

If Ashley feels he can get by on spending the bare minimum then he'll do it - so any links to big names or good prospects i'm not buying it - think its gonna be another real disappointment.

I don't believe that's true at all, I do believe that if the club can afford it (without Ashley having to put his hand in his pocket) then whatever the price, deals will be done. The downside is, if the club can't afford it (without Ashley's help) then it ain't going to happen.

Which is fine IMO

Absent an Oligarch or a Sheik (and with FFP) it's the right thing.

Rather unconfident already tbh. We're just s*** at bringing the required in. Took us a year to replace Carroll, we still haven't replaced Ba. The last close season we failed to strengthen when it was obvious we needed to. We got the players in in January but it's arguable we only spent that money as we we're so close to the drop.

I don't believe that's true at all, I do believe that if the club can afford it (without Ashley having to put his hand in his pocket) then whatever the price, deals will be done. The downside is, if the club can't afford it (without Ashley's help) then it ain't going to happen.

Which is fine IMO

See I think we can afford it. Obviously not stupid massive fee's but I have always maintained the money is there - just Ashley is immensely stubborn on spending it. I could be wrong but thats my view.

Which is fine IMO

See I think we can afford it. Obviously not stupid massive fee's but I have always maintained the money is there - just Ashley is immensely stubborn on spending it. I could be wrong but thats my view.

Do you think its money we've generated as a club since we came back up?....if so, care to put a figure on what's in the kitty this summer?

Which is fine IMO

The truth of that would/will be seen as profits in the accounts, haven't seen any high level of that yet.

June is always bullshit time for transfers, everyone's (managers/agents etc) on their holidays.

No I wont put a figure on it - not an expert on club finances, thats just my opinion. Think if we really wanted to bring players in then it wouldn't be a problem, we just always want them at their absolute cheapest.

Deloitte ranks us at 20th in Europe - hardly striking of a club that's skint.

Think Ashley is just interested in getting his cash back atm, and he'll achieve that as long as we're in the Premier League. So he'll accept Pardew's mediocrity last season and if we're chugging along in mid table for most of next season that will suit him fine too.

I think January's signings were just cheap-ish bodies to be sold on when the right offer comes in with no real eye on building a balanced squad. For me player recruitment at the club is mostly geared to replacing players due to be sold, which can work out very well when done correctly (see Spurs under Levy), but its infuriating for those wanting to see the squad improve and develop both in numbers and quality.

Think Ashley is just interested in getting his cash back atm, and he'll achieve that as long as we're in the Premier League. So he'll accept Pardew's mediocrity last season and if we're chugging along in mid table for most of next season that will suit him fine too.

I think January's signings were just cheap-ish bodies to be sold on when the right offer comes in with no real eye on building a balanced squad. For me player recruitment at the club is mostly geared to replacing players due to be sold, which can work out very well when done correctly (see Spurs under Levy), but its infuriating for those wanting to see the squad improve and develop both in numbers and quality.

Yeh agree with that - but it's a shame that Premier League status seems to be the pinnacle of the clubs ambitions, and coupled with the fact that like you say, any players coming in will be mirrored by players leaving. We've only had one top half finish under Ashleys tenure and its no surprise given the logistics of our 'model'

I know its already been mentioned but this in the mirror makes me laugh

"Newcastle are ready to let versatile James Perch go to make way for new foreign recruits."

Not just recruits, foreign recruits :lol:

I know its already been mentioned but this in the mirror makes me laugh

"Newcastle are ready to let versatile James Perch go to make way for new foreign recruits."

Not just recruits, foreign recruits :lol:

If Perch ends up on benefits because a foreigner has taken his job I'll be livid. Letter to the Mail at least.

Perch being moved on according to the Mirror.... silly decision if true, he has been mostly dependable, solid back up in a number of positions. A better Aaron Hughes, plenty of others clogging up the team before him.

Better than Aaron Hughes, good grief.  Perch is a shocking footballer, who offers zero protection when playing in midfield.

Yep, Aaron Hughes was a good utility player not anything more. Thats harsh on Perch imo, he shouldn't be starting but he gives us his all and has had more good games than bad, including a plethora of important blocks inside our box. The his worst games have come this season with equally terrible performances if not worse surrounding him, easy scapegoat when "better" players get off lighter.

Hughes has been excellent for Fulham.