NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Haris Vuckic

Tempted to look :lol:

Whilst most clubs have bought and are getting ready in pre season we're a hundred miles behind contemplating whether Joe or Alan should drive.

Guest Haris Vuckic

And in addition the communication has gone back to the bad old days.

Deafening silence.

Guest neesy111

Deafening silence.

No communication, not even an announcement who's running the club day in day out since Llambias left.  Just something from what Pardew has said.

I seem to remember when we got relegated it was a pretty quiet summer other than the Lovenkrands rumour all summer.

That summer seemed to be dominated by outgoing rumours and Barry Moat

We've been quite good in recent years at keeping things quiet, the transfers only really coming into the media when they're about to be completed. This is a much better way of doing business to be honest. Plus means I can watch the cricket and not spend time worrying about bloody stupid made up transfer rumours.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Deafening silence.

No communication, not even an announcement who's running the club day in day out since Llambias left.  Just something from what Pardew has said.

Yep.

They may have tucked into their shells a bit after old Joe took the microphone for a couple of tunes.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We've been quite good in recent years at keeping things quiet, the transfers only really coming into the media when they're about to be completed. This is a much better way of doing business to be honest. Plus means I can watch the cricket and not spend time worrying about bloody stupid made up transfer rumours.

or any transfers at all really.

Have we ever had such a quiet summer links wise?

We're barely even being linked to anyone to sign for the Development squad.

That's stability for you :) - don't want to rock the boat by signing players. Just selling and upsetting only real striker :)

It's galling to think a year ago we had one of the most feared strike forces in the Premier in Ba and Cisse, with Best as a battering ram option. Here we are in summer 2013 with Ba and Best gone and Cisse looking on the way out as well. All I will say is this thread will be interesting in the next few weeks, mark my Wonga-tastic words.

It's galling to think a year ago we had one of the most feared strike forces in the Premier in Ba and Cisse, with Best as a battering ram option. Here we are in summer 2013 with Ba and Best gone and Cisse looking on the way out as well. All I will say is this thread will be interesting in the next few weeks, mark my Wonga-tastic words.

What, it wouldn't be like us to sell them all and not replace?  Add to that we've got rid of Lovenkrands, and are looking rid of Ameobi.

And we want to replace all of them with Darren Bent.

It sounds like a bad joke.

What, it wouldn't be like us to sell them all and not replace?  Add to that we've got rid of Lovenkrands, and are looking rid of Ameobi.

Or it's not the case.

Guest neesy111

Or it's not the case.

The manager said he wants him. 

On the plus side Pardew is still here (:lol:) we've signed up a world class DoF in Kinnear and have closed a deal with world class sponsors Wonga. Things are looking up!

Or it's not the case.

Yes, Pardew is interested in Bent. That doesn't mean the plan is to sell our entire strikeforce and replace them all with him.

Or it's not the case.

Yes, Pardew is interested in Bent. That doesn't mean the plan is to sell our entire strikeforce and replace them all with him.

You're right.

We probably won't sign Bent.

Guest neesy111

Or it's not the case.

Only need to sell Cisse and that's our strikerforce gone, as Shola and Adam Campbell to me are not 1st team players.

Or it's not the case.

Only need to sell Cisse and that's our strikerforce gone, as Shola and Adam Campbell to me are not 1st team players.

It's pointless discussing this, we obviously don't know. We haven't signed Bent.

I just find it hard to believe that we've planned to shift our entire strikeforce and sign Bent. If you actually think that's the strategy then fair enough, I can't prove it isn't.

Or it's not the case.

It's pointless discussing this, we obviously don't know. We haven't signed Bent.

I just find it hard to believe that we've planned to shift our entire strikeforce and sign Bent. If you actually think that's the strategy then fair enough, I can't prove it isn't.

It doesn't really matter whether we planned to shift our entire strikeforce, the fact is, in a matter of 12 months that's what we've done, including two of the most feared strikers in the premier in Ba and (soon) Cisse. Neither will have lasted here much more than a year after rocketing us towards almost qualifying for the CL a year ago.

It will be interesting to see who we bring in to replace Ba and Cisse but those are some pretty big boots to fill, and until I see some signatures I'll remain skeptical.

Or it's not the case.

It doesn't really matter whether we planned to shift our entire strikeforce, the fact is, in a matter of 12 months that's what we've done, including two of the most feared strikers in the premier in Ba and (soon) Cisse. Neither will have lasted here much more than a year after rocketing us towards almost qualifying for the CL a year ago.

It will be interesting to see who we bring in to replace Ba and Cisse but those are some pretty big boots to fill, and until I see some signatures I'll remain skeptical.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I was responding to a point about whether it was our plan to sell them all and replace them with Bent.

The problem is a specific point always gets turned into a general agenda.